Davis Mega Mall

I will say, the interior is not quite like any mall I've been to. It's a start, but the execution doesn't seem genuine to me. For example, you don't know what a store is until you go to the door. If possible, map SOMETHING above the doors that is identifiable. Currently it just doesn't seem genuine to me and it's kinda hard to soak it in.

14 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

I personally didn't like the place. The exterior concept did not match the interior at all, the mapping is not fully detailed (not sure if its done). However the effort can be seen with the small stores. I don't think this was needed or is going to have much RP success, but those are my thoughts and my opinion. But nevertheless great effort. Hope the owner pushes RP in there or develops a new concept if things do not work out.

I'm in the same boat here. Though I understand why the mall looks really plain is due to the constraints of mapping. 

Though I found a nice one on the GTA 5 mods website.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/shopping-center-ymap

So there is scope for more variety.

Edited by Akiba
On 9/9/2020 at 4:20 AM, Sebz said:

Great update. My only concern is people pushing their way into a dangerous area without much forethought. However it's been addressed above and in fact is an IC issue. We'll take care of it either way.

My perspective on  it is like, sure it's an IC issue, but damn, does no regular people live in those areas? Don't they go to a mall to shop for clothes, food, hygiene products etc? If the mall turns in to a criminal hotspot where you can't go without getting robbed. In my opinion, it's brushing against Fail RP.

Just now, ChippySound said:

My perspective on  it is like, sure it's an IC issue, but damn, does no regular people live in those areas? Don't they go to a mall to shop for clothes, food, hygiene products etc? If the mall turns in to a criminal hotspot where you can't go without getting robbed. In my opinion, it's brushing against Fail RP.

Of course, this comes with some rules to it. While the mall is located within Davis and the crime in the area is rather high. We expect people to still act in a realistic way while inside of the mall. The customization interiors are still safe zones. But the general mall interior is not a complete safe zone. We plan to allow people to commit planned criminal acts on individuals or simple petty theft. We are allowing this in good faith that the community will not abuse this new RP interior for their own personal gain. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, ChippySound said:

Nobody said anything about regular people that live in Davis. But if you show up, park your sports car and lean against it without actually shopping, don't complain when someone robs you. What u do t understand is that the mall is smack bang in the middle of contested gang territory. RP proper precautions like you would in a bad neighbourhood irl and you'll be fine.

Edited by Ears Up