Sales Tax for dealerships

Bellatrix

I currently run a garage and I can assure you, no mechanic earns 100k in an hour, you’re talking absolute horse shit. Regarding the ones you mentioned owning multiple cars, report them the correct way and supply proof.

Dealerships Can make FAR more money than a mechanic garage and if you’re talking about shit tier rp in terms of mechanics every dealership I’ve been to run around and do 2 /me’s when selling a car.

2 minutes ago, Jura said:

I currently run a garage and I can assure you, no mechanic earns 100k in an hour, you’re talking absolute horse shit. Regarding the ones you mentioned owning multiple cars, report them the correct way and supply proof.

Dealerships Can make FAR more money than a mechanic garage and if you’re talking about shit tier rp in terms of mechanics every dealership I’ve been to run around and do 2 /me’s when selling a car.

Does your garage have 50% to employees? Because few do, and in my case, we do not do 2-3 lines of me's to sell a car, we actually do a lot more, and take around 10 mins to sell a single car.

Just now, Bunnyy said:

Does your garage have 50% to employees? Because few do, and in my case, we do not do 2-3 lines of me's to sell a car, we actually do a lot more, and take around 10 mins to sell a single car.

So basically you're confirming what @Jura said, since only garages that supply high percentages allow their mechanics to make loads of money, which makes sense to me, because that means the owner has to incur the cost of materials, which from my experience is relatively high.

About the "shitty rp" mechanics, report them, no one at the garage I manage can do 20-30 cars in an hour, not even 10.

Edited by Brian3898
3 minutes ago, Bunnyy said:

Your complaining about mechanic rp when it takes you 10 minutes to sell a car, whereas a mechanic can be there rping for anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour... 

No, my garage is set to 35% because that’s a good area to have it in so a majority of my employees roleplay realistic assets and not the 20 sports cars you are claiming some owners have.

You asking not to be taxed on selling cars would be like me asking not to be charged for components.

Edited by Jura

Let's get some actual discussions going here, shall we?

1 hour ago, Bunnyy said:

Short description: Remove the sales tax for dealerships, since it does seem kind of stupid, to pay 150k for a script, then end up lossing over 30-40k per car, just TO MAKE 5K profit, but in the end, you end up being a charity to the server.

Detailed description: Above. 

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would help dealers roleplay, making it more realistic for players to sell their cars to the dealerships, not for person, since Shanks told me it's not allowed to sell cars for 6, and then get the money banktransfered to you. YOU DO NOT GET TAXED IRL FOR SELLING YOUR PERSONAL CAR.

Additional information: Remove sale tax for dealerships, with the business script.

First, lets get some facts straight.

• The taxes are not related to the script. They're independent from each other. The only connection is that they were introduced to avoid people farming money mostly AFK. Anyone who sells pays taxes, dealerships and customers alike.
  • No one is losing out 30 - 40k per vehicle on taxes. That'd mean every car you sell is being sold for $600.000 - $800.000, which just is not the case. Even if you're losing 10k, it means you'd be selling every car for $200.000. Maybe if you find the taxes too much, focus on a lower segment?

What I find interesting is that you say that @Shanks has told you that selling for $6 is not allowed. Nervous has said something about this in Discord. The question has been asked in the forums, but no one from management or staff has decided or was willing to answer this question there, nor is this mentioned in the rules. You seem to have some insights in this @Wirbelwind,  perhaps you can guide us to where in the rules this is mentioned? The specific thread below ask a question about pricing above the limit, but it can come to no surprise that the only way to achieve this is through bypassing some taxes. 

unknown.png

Perhaps we can get some clarification on this, finally? If this is not allowed, it should be mentioned in the rules.

Let's move onto some other stuff.

1 hour ago, Bunnyy said:

Please tell me how it's possible to pay employees wages? If I only get 10-20k, PER DAY, and lose around 30-40k a day in taxes? 

Pay your employees a commission.

1 hour ago, Bunnyy said:

Sorry, but I don't want to sell cars overpriced, since I offer high, and sell low, I'm already losing lots of profit by doing so, but this system is really messing with me, and others as well who's trying to do low profit dealers.

I can state that this is categorically untrue. You can make 'enough' money by offering high and selling low. Of course, both of these are relative terms, but I trust that you're not lowballing people either. As for making five grand per vehicle, what is really wrong with this? You can sell as many cars a day as you have time and opportunities to conclude them. That's more than enough money to go around.

Don't try to draw the line between this and mechanic roleplay. We all know their pay is broken, and instead of breaking dealerships too, that should be fixed instead. If what your after is a Pariah, go be a mechanic. Dealerships were a money printing machine, and that's fixed now. Don't try to unfix it. What we need is people who care about roleplaying a dealership, not people who care about money. Generally, I find that a lot of dealership have very little standards on how they operate their dealership. Making it easier to earn money is going to make this worse. If you truly enjoyed roleplaying a dealership, you wouldn't care about the money so much.

Now, does that mean it is perfect? No.

This tax does create problems. Because the tax money is lost to the system, it means that money is leaving someone's pockets. A lot of the times, this is the consumer rather than the dealership. This doesn't help the average character keep their money, they'll usually wind up paying the difference. 

Personally, I'd rather see more intense competition reduce the prices and margins, instead of this tax system. However, customers are simply are not smart enough to make this happen, and dealership operators are happy to not reduce their margins (which are in fact, fine). I do my best on my own, but I am seemingly alone in wanting to push for this. Anyone whose interesting in using the existing system to push prices down further, let me know, I'm sure we can make something happen.

All in all, there's not much to complain about here.

Most important takeaway, if you're really passionate about dealership roleplay, you wouldn't mind the taxes.

Edited by mj2002
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Bunnyy said:

Please tell me how it's possible to pay employees wages? If I only get 10-20k, PER DAY, and lose around 30-40k a day in taxes?

It's quite simple.

1) Pay employees a commission percentage based off of the sale price of the vehicle instead of an hourly wage. Calculate what you can reasonably pay them to where your balance sheet still comes out positive.

2) Adjust your buy/sell model to account for the sales tax. Don't buy too high and sell too low. This takes a bit of math, but if you're in it for the RP and actual enjoyment of being a dealership this won't be a hard task.

Also, what's wrong with only making $5,000 a car after it's all said and done? Sounds pretty decent to me especially at the rate most dealerships buy and sell cars.

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt
  • mj2002 locked this topic