Dom.

First off, if this has been suggested already, I'm sorry. I looked through posted suggestions already and couldn't find anything. 

Short description: Allow established trucking companies to bypass the truck delivery restriction via company ranks.

Detailed description: Before I go any further, I need need NEED to state that this is by no means meant to be available for regular trucker players. This is for COMPANY EMPLOYEES ONLY. What I'm suggesting here is that companies get an inscript ranking system to track who does what. Trainee, junior driver, experienced driver, trucker, senior trucker, and so forth. Company vehicles could be locked to ranks - said ranks which would be attained as in-character promotions. Depending on your rank, you can drive different vehicles.

Commands to add: /setrank [ID] [RANK] - Sets an employee's rank in game. /ranks - Gives a general list of ranks and their restrictions in your current company. /setvrank [RANK] - sets a certain vehicle's minimum rank to be used by.

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? As of right now, trucking in a company barely feels any different to dock rent trucking, except you get paid a little more. For people like myself who want to roleplay an actual trucker character, and not just some grinder trying to make a ton of money to buy a ton of sports cars, it'll make the experience much more enjoyable and immersive from an IC standpoint. Much more roleplay opportunity will arise and you'll be able to develop your logistics journey via actual roleplay instead of how many script jobs you've tediously done. 

Additional information: Don't think much is needed. Also, commands might be a little wonky, I'm not quite sure how legal factions ranks work in game already.

Edited by Dom.
fixing bbcode lul
  • Upvote 5
Just now, Tree said:

I wish, however, its WAY too easily abused. Companies want Pounder drivers and most would promote people sooner rather than later.

In a perfect world, could there be a way to manage this? Pay attention to companies and such? Maybe a company needs approval before being able to use this system or something. Prove that they're in it for the roleplay and not the grind potential.

• Thanks 1

I actually suggested revamping /bmanager to allow us to set up our own ranks (much like the faction system) along with allowing us to set up different commission payouts, but although the community would most likely all be on board, I never got a response from dev/admins 

• Upvote 1
On 9/7/2020 at 4:14 AM, Jura said:

I actually suggested revamping /bmanager to allow us to set up our own ranks (much like the faction system) along with allowing us to set up different commission payouts, but although the community would most likely all be on board, I never got a response from dev/admins 

I've wanted this system for long. Would be great for RP and managing the company more efficiently with more incentives. SHOULD be implemented.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:00 AM, Tree said:

I wish, however, its WAY too easily abused. Companies want Pounder drivers and most would promote people sooner rather than later.

Precisely. Companies would easily rank up there drivers to drive the Pounders to increase profits. We'd be seeing 20 long haul trucks delivering to 24/7. 

• Upvote 1
On 9/7/2020 at 9:14 AM, Jura said:

Agreed. I'm quite heavily invested into the trucking community here, and this would be a great script to have. Being able to reward drivers with higher percentages as they complete more deliveries and rank up with our own ranks would be great!

No, admins have way too many things to monitor, trucking rank isn't something to add to their workload when there is already a well developed script in place. When you see people who don't RP while trucking, it's Speedo drivers, when you see people who flies through red lights at 90 MPH, it's Speedo drivers. The grind is what makes truckers better at roleplaying as truckers.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

No, admins have way too many things to monitor, trucking rank isn't something to add to their workload when there is already a well developed script in place. When you see people who don't RP while trucking, it's Speedo drivers, when you see people who flies through red lights at 90 MPH, it's Speedo drivers. The grind is what makes truckers better at roleplaying as truckers.

So spending weeks, maybe months doing a tedious, unenjoyable grind makes players better at roleplaying as truckers? I think that hardly makes sense. 

Not to mention it'd be more monitored by trucking company supervisors - it's meant to be an IC thing, not an OOC thing. If you're a Speedo driver who doesn't roleplay while trucking or flies through red lights going ninety, you won't be promoted or you'll just be fired outright. It's extremely simple. My idea implies that your rank becomes an IN CHARACTER system dependent on your IN CHARACTER work and contribution to the company. So proving you're a competent worker and not an absolute moron allows you to go places within the company and take on larger responsibilities (i.e driving bigger, more demanding vehicles). 

Hell, it could even be done in a way where company employee ranks completely overwrite the basic trucking system - you can do 5000 loads, but if you're an absolute retard, you're stuck driving a Speedo. If you're inactive, you're stuck driving a Speedo. People should be roleplaying in companies, not grinding their play time away.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

The grind is what makes truckers better at roleplaying as truckers.

LOL no it doesn't. I see people in Bensons doing the same thing. The grind just makes people use their time with a tedious, non-interactive job by themselves instead of trying to actively role play with the company or other people. It does nothing but take away from role play, not make them better at it. There's no incentive to being a good employee because the trucking rank has nothing to do with the company but an OOC script. You basically get promoted by grinding, not by role playing a good employee. This doesn't promote quality role play, just more mindless grinding.

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic