Drive by shooting = casings in /vinv

1 hour ago, honey. said:

I mean if someone is sticking the gun OUT of the car, it wouldn't be fair for them to then get pulled with 50 casings inside - if there would be a way to make some get stored in the /vinv sure but if possible they should drop outside the car too if that was to be the case.

we can do a coinflip for each casing if you like?

12 hours ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

we can do a coinflip for each casing if you like?

Alternatively a command that a user can toggle depending on their character's shooting preference: /toggledrivebymode or something easier to type.

It would be fair because both options have consequences. Inside the car? You have to deal with the evidence and disposal. Outside the car? Police can recover your mess of casings. This way everyone wins. The folks who insist they would NOT go into the car can let them go outside and the folks who agree they would go into the car get their wish as well. And WITH this toggle system, whatever the opposite of your decision is, there's a 10% chance (or another weighted value) that you get the opposite. IE: You decide to shoot from inside the car and shoot 10 rounds, one of the shell casings bounced out of the window and was left on the roadway. I think this system would be fair all around.

From a forensics perspective, just having the casings exist would be nice, regardless of WHERE they exist.  Anything would be an upgrade from the current set up.

Just to cover the "balance" angle (because it always comes up):  having them drop in the car would favour the criminal.  Very easy to collect and dispose of after a shooting, very easy to legally argue that they are unrelated to a specific scene: "Oh I shot these out my window in the desert a week ago".  Having them drop on the ground would favour LEOs, since they are harder for the shooter to pick up and you cannot deny the location they were found at.

• 2 weeks later...