Drive by shooting = casings in /vinv

1 minute ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Casings don’t go backwards, and im telling you this from experience.

My implication wasn't that they go backwards, I'm stating that if the casing ejects to the right of the gun, and you're for example in the left-rear seat with the gun facing toward the front direction of the car, the casing is more than capable of landing in the car depending on how the gun decides to eject it. This isn't really relevant to the suggestion though. I'm not concerned about them being stored in cars, that was just a suggested fix for the current issue. If they decide to simply put all casings from cars on the ground I have no issue with that.

Just now, Sebz said:

My implication wasn't that they go backwards, I'm stating that if the casing ejects to the right of the gun, and you're for example in the left-rear seat with the gun facing toward the front direction of the car, the casing is more than capable of landing in the car depending on how the gun decides to eject it. This isn't really relevant to the suggestion though. I'm not concerned about them being stored in cars, that was just a suggested fix for the current issue. If they decide to simply put all casings from cars on the ground I have no issue with that.

Casings go from the right, not the left. Passengers sit on the right, drivers rarely do the shooting.

9 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

It’s not really a factor issue, if you stick your hand out the window to shoot the gun, and casings go in a sideways motion then they’ll fall on the ground.

Lots of people shoot from within vehicles, or rest the barrel on the window frame to keep the gun steady. If you're shooting a Skorpion from inside of a vehicle, which many people on GTA:W RP, you'd have a ton of casings inside the car itself seeing as the Skorpion ejects them upwards and not sideways. If they're sticking the hand out the window, the casings will indeed end up on the floor. I will agree with you that I'd rather see casings on the floor rather than in the interior primarily cause the anims we have, they all stick their hands out.

The thing I hate about GTA V is that you shoot with your hand in the car. GTA SA did this much better where you would lean out of the car instead of shooting out all of your windows and killing your passengers. 

Either putting them in vinv or ejecting the shells on the ground beside the car would both be good solutions

Just do like 25% chance that the casings will drop inside vehicle or smth... Drive-by's might be executed while leaning out or something but most people doing them ain't trainer and possibly ain't holding weapons properly and stable which could result in several casings dropping inside or at some point while turning.

• 3 months later...

Pushing this one back up with the cross-reference to my earlier suggestion of casings to drop on the ground on bikes, bicycles and ATVs as a counterpart to cars with an actual interior and casings to be in the vehicle inventory, may it be in general or a certain percentage of it dropping in the vehicle and another on the ground.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:57 AM, Griz said:

I believe this would be a wonderful addition. It would add realism and further role play for both the assailant(s) and potential investigation. One of the main problems I see is this: Four people do a drive-by shooting with four different firearms. This would make the vehicle's inventory PACKED full of casings. While they don't weigh much, what would happen if the vehicle's inventory becomes full? Would the casings disappear? Would they just be left behind on the road? That might not be a bad idea.. I support this suggestion, but we'd have to think of a good solution for something like this. 

On 9/8/2020 at 12:20 AM, bidi bidi bom bom said:

It’s not really a factor issue, if you stick your hand out the window to shoot the gun, and casings go in a sideways motion then they’ll fall on the ground.

I can shoot out of a window without sticking the entire gun out of the car.