Quick reply to /pm 's

I feel like chatting with other players OOC'ly via /pm's is a pain in the ass, as you have to write the whole player id, which is gigantic, every time you want to reply.

The system could be used with a command like "/qr" ("/quickreply"), or "/rpm" ("/replypm") where the /pm would automaticly be sent to the same person who sent you the last message / the last person you sent a message to. This would save precious time to everyone, even in admin situations where you have to wait 1000 years to wait for the other end to copy the whole ID again.

Also, after you receive a /pm, you should then receive na information bellow the received message saying something like: "Quick Reply: /qr [Message]" so that players know that this is a thing.

Oh... I talked with an admin about this something like 2 weeks ago, and 2 diferrent players and nobody knew this was a thing.

I'll stick with my last sugestion then, you should receive an information under the received PM teeling you that you came /re, has apparently many peaople don't know about this feature.

I don't think making each PM occupy two lines of chat instead of one just to tell people "Hey you can /re!" is the best way to go about it. It will get old REAL FAST. However I do agree that it is a bit of a "secret command". Maybe we could add it to the "Help" section for "Chat"?

Edited by MalteseWolf
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Rukka said:

/re should really be short for /report rather than reply. /qr would make sense for quick reply.

I don't mind either way, tbh. I have seen "/re" command used as "/reply(ToPM)" on a number of SA-MP servers in the past, which is why I thought of trying it here and found it works.

Usually though, you have "shortcut" commands for things you type very often. "/report" should not be something you type very often, one hopes.

2 hours ago, MalteseWolf said:

I don't think making each PM occupy two lines of chat instead of one just to tell people "Hey you can /re!" is the best way to go about it. It will get old REAL FAST. However I do agree that it is a bit of a "secret command". Maybe we could add it to the "Help" section for "Chat"?

True, always getting two lines of chat when you get a PM would be bothering. Maybe you could add this only below the first pm you receive in a conversation?

2 minutes ago, Ma-son said:

True, always getting two lines of chat when you get a PM would be bothering. Maybe you could add this only below the first pm you receive in a conversation?

How do you define a conversation though? The first message from a particular person in last 1 hour? 1 day? I think it just complicates the matter for no particularly good reason. IMO, having it in "/help" would be enough