Remove all drug effects

Naitor

Short description: Remove the current drug effects set in stone, including HP and strength buffs, and any visual effects and let people roleplay them out.

Detailed description: As it currently stands, the current drug market is heavily skewed against drugs that give players a benefit specifically aimed towards gaining an advantage over others in certain situations while other drugs are neglected and barely spoken of. This obviously isn't feasible as it doesn't make sense from a realistic standpoint.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? I do hope that this will generate more roleplay in general and the more obscure drugs will become more appreciated. Furthermore, I believe it will diversify roleplay for drug dealers who do not have to seek out the most popular drugs specifically but can instead choose to expand and sell drugs that would be realistically obtainable from their point of view.

Additional information:

No, disabling all drug effects wont make more people buy ur mushrooms and LSD more, it will just make less people buy all drugs alltogether.

Also if the drug market is heavily skewed against drugs that give players a benefit as u said, then why is weed the most popular drug? Weed has the objectively least-fun visual effect, and it gives barely any health benefits, so why do people buy it the most?

Edited by Shekh

Drugs shouldn't have benefits apart from "Addiction" and the High effect, I would also suggest to remove immediate addiction and simply add a variable as to how many time said character used a drug, if it returns like 5-6 addiction kicks in and it's permanent unless removed in clinic. Which is how it should work. If you wanna be realistic, be realistic, but irl addiction is hard to deal with and drugs do not add more hit points. This is roleplay, not GTAO, your character takes drugs cause they are addicted not cause they need more HP for a drive-by.

Edited by Engelbert
  • mj2002 locked this topic