NEED HELP!

ThinBlueLineRP

Hello!

So after a VERY long time of saving up money I was able to afford a good PC to run GTA V and some friends said "Join GTA World!" and so I did. However my experience is horrible. Last night I seen no cars or people and could've swore I was bugged /helpme'd and tried to figure it out. I was seeing [Megaphone] .... and so I ask in /b Who the fuck is shouting? I try to figure out how I am seeing chat but no one and they tell me to do /dim and I do and a BAM I see a ton of cops and cop cars surrounding me. I tried to explain to an admin that I didn't even know I was being chased and that I was bugged or something and he is like "I still am not voiding this either role-play this or get ajailed." I told him I can't role-play something that I had no idea was taking place, they said I was chased and went into a gun shot but I'd never of done that. And so I figured okay so I will try to start anew with a new character and went in game and was going through the introduction where you drive to waypoints and so forth and I decide well I can't seem to figure out how to get started in the city and so forth and so I post an ad saying I need help and I get kicked? A new player already being kicked over something so simple? It's not like I've been here for 6 months or 1 year and decided to break the rules.

So can anyone give any tips or tricks or help me? Because I am scared to waste my time to log in game before I end up doing something else I am not supposed to do and the admins descend on me like hungry sharks and start kicking/ajailing/banning me.

40 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineRP said:

so I post an ad saying I need help and I get kicked? A new player already being kicked over something so simple?

Welcome to GTAW, first of go read up on the rules again, understanding and following them is key to make it on the server, here is the rule that got you kicked;

17) Advertisement Rules

The advertisement system is there to assist in the creation of roleplay, and assist in the trade of assets and services. Illegal advertisements are not allowed even if the intent behind them is hidden or attempted to be hidden IC. Players are expected to use other IC methods to distribute illegal items or services. Gambling and card games may only be advertised by businesses that have the licensing to host these games. Private games may be organized using other methods.

Regular advertisements (/ad) is for general advertisements that are not associated with businesses or companies.

The following are considered acceptable examples of using /ad:

• buying and selling of properties, businesses, vehicles or items of value;
  • advertisement of events that are not associated with a business or company;
  • advertisement of legal services.

You may NOT use /ad for the following under any circumstances;

• looking for work ads, which can be put on the forums;
  • ads looking for roommates;
  • illegal advertisements of any kind;
  • ads selling or buying legal firearms or other legal weapons outside of a licensed business;
  • asking for rides;
  • making requests;
  • asking questions.

Company ads (/cad) are used by companies to advertise recruitment, events, when the companies are opening their businesses and other things associated with companies.

Business ads (/bad) are a feature for donators used to place a blip on the map to mark a business that is currently open. /bad should only be used for this purpose.

You must pick one type of advertisement (/ad, /cad or /bad) and stick to it. Players may not use other advertisement types to get around the scripted cooldown. Players also may not use other players to avoid cooldowns. 

Advertisements must not be spammed. Players are expected to be courteous when advertising. Posting several ads for the same business in a short period of time is considered a breach of this rule.

When advertising, ads must only use fully in-character terms. Selling cars that are "maxed out", or using similar terms such as fully upgraded or decked out, is considered to be a breach of this rule. You should describe it in a proper IC way rather than using "maxed out" to tell other players that it cannot be upgraded any further by the script. For properties, default interiors and fully mapped interiors should not be advertised differently. A singleplayer or GTA Online interior that is furnished is still considered furnished. Adding additional objects to one of those interiors or making an interior from scratch should not be the factor to determine if something is furnished or not when advertising.

Examples of breaking the rule:

• making an advertisement to purchase firearms;
  • advertising the sale of knives or lock picks when the person selling does not have a licensed business to do so;
  • advertising the selling of marijuana;
  • making an advertisement looking for a date or along the lines of "a fun time";
  • making an ad about looking for an eagle from the desert, implying you're looking for a Desert Eagle;
  • advertising the search of a hitman to take someone out.
44 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineRP said:

So can anyone give any tips or tricks or help me? Because I am scared to waste my time to log in game before I end up doing something else I am not supposed to do and the admins descend on me like hungry sharks and start kicking/ajailing/banning me.

Hi,

This section is to request support in regards to issues. Please, visit our guide section located here. They'll help you out as a new player.

You can also check out this really cool guide made by Bash! Click here!

If you've made an advertisement and asked for help, but are not sure why you were kicked, refer to rule 17 found here.

With that said, from the text you've written, it seems how you have an issue with administration and how things were handled. You're free to submit a staff report. You'll find more information here.

With this said, I'll be locking and archiving this thread, as this seems more like a venting thread rather than a request for help.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or another member of staff. Or ask our players in our Discord server! They're a helpful bunch, and the #newbie-help channel might be just what you're looking for.

• Upvote 1