Allow facebrowser events to be made by anyone

The current system of facebrowser events seems to be that creation is limited to people who pay money.

This feature isnt listed;

image.thumb.png.345e77aa5a8148be5aa5b3ae8121af02.png

But it appears to be verified by someone who has paid;

image.png.706f28a21f48fd8c4cc8809e6bec95d9.png

I think this specific decision limits roleplay potential by hiding a rather basic feature behind a paywall. It's not even apparent which paywall this is.

I understand that the Facebrowser server has to pay for itself, but at present this specific paid feature doesn't seem to be drawing in a big crowd.

image.png.87a3703096f45fd42d630ec24b16de16.png

There are only four events. One of which is in the future, the rest is all in the past, even though the new facebrowser has been online for a while now.

Therefor the simple suggestion. Don't hide the creation of events behind a paywall any more.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

I will go ahead and bump this one. Creating events is a very basic feature and I agree on not having it held behind a paywall. I do understand the server needs foundings to maintain servers and other expenses, but blocking that feature does hinder roleplay, allowing the "common" member to not create events, socialize with others and further.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, finding out facebrowser had a paywall on it kinda put me off and I didn't bother using it except for use in RP topics. And I can't be the only one- I'm sure the people who paid for it feel the lack of people actually usuing it. We clearly rely more on the /ad /bad and social interaction at the bars in public/ open world RP. 

It honestly looked good at first when I opened it but to find out I had to pay for a novelty aspect of RP it quickly became a hard pass.

From an RP perspective as well, this is something your character would use IC. If there is a paywall it should be IG currency that your character has to pay.

+1 Unfortunately, many things you would want to do on Facebrowser, you cannot if you do not have enough money or you do not want to pay for everything. I do not agree with most advanced options being hidden behind a paywall because it ruins some roleplay. It would be great for it to be done for free.