Calling a taxi using taxi hotline just to rob them

Big support, even if I'm grave digging this one. Two, maybe three taxi calls an hour and an inordinately high chance of having "/me pulls their knife, putting it to the driver's neck" and getting robbed of every single item you have and /maybe/ even your car... Yeah nah, good way to get people to not want to drive taxis. If someone randomly hops in and robs me? Cool, sure, I can dig that. But calling just to rob the guy who showed up even after it tells us your name and the number you used? Yeah nah.

2 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

It happens a lot in real life. 

Here's a recent one in LA: 

https://www.foxla.com/news/caught-on-camera-lyft-driver-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-south-el-monte

"According to the victim’s daughter-in-law, 67-year-old Paul Lao was refueling and washing his car when a man entered through the back seat and pointed a gun at him demanding him to hand over his wallet. "

Did you read the suggestion or even the article you posted? This is about people calling the taxi hotline which leaves their name and number, for the sole purpose of robbing them. This does not happen IRL, or if it does, extremely rarely and by very very very very stupid criminals.

The guy in your article did not call for the Lyft service to rob them, he simply got in the car to rob them. In the future, make sure to properly read the full statement before claiming it happens IRL all the time when it doesn't.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:53 PM, Late said:

It's sub par roleplay in my opinion and it will heavily demotivate people to want to roleplay being a taxi driver if this is a regular occurrence.

It's a server wide problem for anyone forced to interact with the general public - ergo the empty streets. Rather than reform rules surrounding robberies as it pertains to taxi drivers specifically, why not amend them for the entire server?

Seeing you give your full name and phone number to taxi dispatch you would easily be caught. I don't know really, I mean the fact is that with such information you could easily call the police, they would pick up fingerprints, statements, evidence of all kind and issue a warrant for the arrest of the said individual. But in the end it's kinda unrealistic to call taxi dispatch, give them all of your personal information and then rob the taxi driver, it's dumb but it does provide roleplay for the police, victim and robber, to some extent.

I've been roleplaying a taxi driver for sometime now and have never been robbed but I always have this fear lurking in the back of my mind when going to a call that maybe that person is up to no good. So far, I haven't experianced this and I can't say for sure how this effects all parties of roleplay.

Robbery RP is out of control and the staff is doing anything but controlling it, this is what they want for the server, empty streets, everyone and their mothers in boring interiors because everywhere you go there is someone who will ruin your day for some assets, and if you only have 100 dollars you'll be beat to death, because you know "My ChArAcTeR iS sO dUmB aNd TeEn aNd hE dOeSN'T cArE gOiNg tO jAiL"

41 minutes ago, BigSmileLing said:

Robbery RP is out of control and the staff is doing anything but controlling it, this is what they want for the server, empty streets, everyone and their mothers in boring interiors because everywhere you go there is someone who will ruin your day for some assets, and if you only have 100 dollars you'll be beat to death, because you know "My ChArAcTeR iS sO dUmB aNd TeEn aNd hE dOeSN'T cArE gOiNg tO jAiL"

Staff doesnt care about unrealistic and out of control robberies? I'm sure thats why they amended the robbery rules and took stricter action against unrealistic robberies.