Calling a taxi using taxi hotline just to rob them

1 hour ago, orangejuice said:

Then why do you let people roleplay drug dealers? The majority of the worlds population are not drug dealers. Why are we allowed to sell guns? The majority of the world are not arms dealers. Why do you let people steal cars? The majority of the world don’t steal cars. Why are we not all legal characters that work a 9-5 like the majority of the world does? Your logic is highly flawed. 

As I said, I’m completely for banning calling a taxi to rob it just to encourage taxi roleplay as it’s not that popular but don’t try say it’s unrealistic or doesn’t happen IRL when it’s just as common IRL as every other crime we’re allowed to commit?

That’s not what I meant when I said majority. Here is an example on what I mean. Let’s talk about crime because illegal roleplay is an important aspect of roleplay. What is most likely to happen when you have 8 guns pointed at you by cops. Would the majority of the criminals in real life pull out their firearm and shoot back or just let themselves be arrested? 

33 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

That’s not what I meant when I said majority. Here is an example on what I mean. Let’s talk about crime because illegal roleplay is an important aspect of roleplay. What is most likely to happen when you have 8 guns pointed at you by cops. Would the majority of the criminals in real life pull out their firearm and shoot back or just let themselves be arrested? 

The majority would allow themselves to be arrested, just the same as the majority do on here? Those that don't are then usually faced with a character-kill. Meaning their character will not be having a repeat episode of that scenario. What's your point, how's that relevant?

You very clearly stated that taxis do not get robbed for their fare, in real life. You very clearly said anyone roleplaying that is a poor roleplayer and has a poor character portrayal. All I pointed out is that taxis being robbed is actually very common in real life and your commenting opinions, rather than facts. If you spend a few minutes to research, you will find many, many newspaper articles where it discusses these exact things happening (and remember the majority of the time, it wouldn't even reach the news so that's saying something). 

Sure, when people on the server rob taxi drivers, their roleplay may not always be to the highest quality, hell, maybe even most robbery's on the server are not to the highest quality. However, as I've said. It happens all the time IRL, as long as someone roleplays it well and roleplays realistically and with detail. Not just  a rushed roleplay for money, what's the problem? Especially if their roleplaying someone who is poverty stricken and has drug abuse problems like the majority of people who do it in real life. The fact you said all people that engage in this roleplay are unrealistic and shit roleplayers is not the kind of comment I'd expect from senior support.

As I said, it would probably be a benefit to ban the robbing of taxi drivers simply as I feel a lot of people are not drawn to taxi roleplay based on the fact the majority of people don't call taxis, they just drive themselves. Theirs probably not a lot of roleplay coming the taxi drivers way and then being robbed frequently (if it is frequently, I don't know, I don't rob taxi drivers or roleplay as a driver) is probably even further off putting. Yet I still stand by my comment, the benefit would be OOC protection to promote interest in taxi roleplay. It just wouldn’t be increasing realism, as it happens all the time in real life. 

Edited by orangejuice
37 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

The majority would allow themselves to be arrested, just the same as the majority do on here? Those that don't are then usually faced with a character-kill. Meaning their character will not be having a repeat episode of that scenario. What's your point, how's that relevant?

You very clearly stated that taxis do not get robbed for their fare, in real life. You very clearly said anyone roleplaying that is a poor roleplayer and has a poor character portrayal. All I pointed out is that taxis being robbed is actually very common in real life and your commenting opinions, rather than facts. If you spend a few minutes to research, you will find many, many newspaper articles where it discusses these exact things happening (and remember the majority of the time, it wouldn't even reach the news so that's saying something). 

Sure, when people on the server rob taxi drivers, their roleplay may not always be to the highest quality, hell, maybe even most robbery's on the server are not to the highest quality. However, as I've said. It happens all the time IRL, as long as someone roleplays it well and roleplays realistically and with detail. Not just  a rushed roleplay for money, what's the problem? Especially if their roleplaying someone who is poverty stricken and has drug abuse problems like the majority of people who do it in real life. The fact you said all people that engage in this roleplay are unrealistic and shit roleplayers is not the kind of comment I'd expect from senior support.

As I said, it would probably be a benefit to ban the robbing of taxi drivers simply as I feel a lot of people are not drawn to taxi roleplay based on the fact the majority of people don't call taxis, they just drive themselves. Theirs probably not a lot of roleplay coming the taxi drivers way and then being robbed frequently (if it is frequently, I don't know, I don't rob taxi drivers or roleplay as a driver) is probably even further off putting. Yet I still stand by my comment, the benefit would be OOC protection to promote interest in taxi roleplay. It just wouldn’t be increasing realism, as it happens all the time in real life. 

Alright then, let's go to robberies. If someone was to rob somebody, what do you think the majority of the robbers would do? Do you think the majority of criminals would call a taxi or find another way to rob someone. I do not think most taxi drivers would like this to happen to them either both OOC'ly and IC'ly. I am still yet to hear how this "happens all the time in real life." I do not hear about robberies happening by someone calling taxi hotlines that often, so you aren't making much sense either.

It's ridiculously hard as a taxi driver and as somebody being a taxi driver right now. Most of the time I can never find customers when I am the driver, and on my other character I can never get a driver to come pick me up. I think an OOC rule in place to protect them and give more incentive to do the job would be very beneficial as currently I can never find anyone willing to partake except for thieves.

Edited by Juicebox.
38 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

Alright then, let's go to robberies. If someone was to rob somebody, what do you think the majority of the robbers would do? Do you think the majority of criminals would call a taxi or find another way to rob someone. I do not think most taxi drivers would like this to happen to them either both OOC'ly and IC'ly. I am still yet to hear how this "happens all the time in real life." I do not hear about robberies happening by someone calling taxi hotlines that often, so you aren't making much sense either.

That's probably because you don't live in the hood. I told you my comments were based on the fact that I have saw this kind of nonsense happen IRL. It's the sad reality we live in. Taxi drivers are big targets. Most people tend to pay cash when taking a traditional taxi (I know their are things like Uber where I think payments are all through the bank/an app but this is not the case for most taxi firms). You could of easily looked it up yourself before commenting. I'm not going back and fourth with you, I do think we should ban the robbery of taxi drivers, simply to promote more people into getting involved with that kind of roleplay. Hardly anyone wants to roleplay a taxi driver and banning calling them up to rob them will possibly increase how many players want to play and that is honestly a good thing.  

My only issue was seeing a member of senior support, blurting out this never happens in real life and anyone that does this in-game is instantly a bad role-player that is unrealistic and has poor character portrayal. That's not necessarily the case. Many people are roleplaying poverty stricken characters in the hood, their not roleplaying as your neighbours in the neighbourhood you live in personally IRL. What might not happen in your immediate community, does happen in the community's of those less fortunate than you. 

The list of news articles goes on and on, I just picked out a few at random. The majority of the time, a taxi driver being robbed would not even make the news yet their are still many articles you can choose from. I'd also presume this doesn't just happen in English speaking countries. The people that do this stupid shit go to prison, obviously they get caught. These people often do it regularly, if they don't get caught the first few times, they get caught in the long run. Yet it still happens, these people aren't scared of prison. They need a quick buck, often to get a quick high. 

This server says it is all about realism, then get mad when people do stuff that happens in real life, just because it's not something that happens in their IRL neighbourhood. It's mad. The only reason to ban this from a OOC point of view is to encourage more people to be taxi drivers. However it would not be "promoting realism" in any way, shape or form. It would simply be an OOC perk that may or may not increase roleplay in a particular genre. I'm all for it, I support that choice. It could be a very positive implementation to the server. Just what you personally said was fairly inaccurate and not very senior support of you.

Okf50S1.png

JzGnZLT.png

tl9teXz.png

7ZwVwf2.png

f1jmRBA.png

av2yUMi.png

enJjJ9u.png

fgN64na.png

7dX7WMc.png

SdWksxQ.png

b1lRqLn.png

w8LcVJi.png

JFib8iP.png

rU5dXKT.png

CtvUmYG.png

Edited by orangejuice

Calling a taxi hotline purely to rob is just bad. Where GTA limits realism to certain degrees, this is another example of how said limitations are abused for a quick buck. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but it certainly doesn't happen with the same person doing it over and over (which can be a common occurrence and one not many people understand to be bad portrayal). Taxi's are always loaded up with cameras whilst working for companies in-case of events like this, and the players who do rob these guys whilst on the job do not wear masks as they enter; their faces are captured immediately. Faced with a camera pointing directly at them, any young gang-banger is usually gonna be sceptical around what they do in these situations. Most wouldn't even acknowledge any sort of captured footage in these instances, and go along with the analysis that what they're doing would never get traced back to them and they'd get off without a worry. 

First time, after footage was given to the police. If you didn't step foot back into a taxi, you'd hold it down to luck that an officer didn't scoop you off the street via a full description of your face and attire. Either way, there would be enough evidence shown to convict you for the crime.

Any other time would leave you liable to a taxi driver working for the same company to notice you and pre-emptively call the police as he readies for the same fate, or even failing this,  capture even more footage of you robbing taxi drivers. In-turn, this would definitely raise suspicion levels and in the end, you'd get picked up either way the longer you continued mounding up evidence against yourself.

As said, this is the realistic perception of things. Where GTA limits these, don't let you mind do the same. Everything should be looked at as if it was happening in reality, with reality being the main focus. Calling up up a taxi hotline, get a taxi to their location just to rob them, seems a bit long-winded for any criminal with more chance of getting convicted in the long-run based on what's said above in comparison to a usual street robbery.

2 hours ago, orangejuice said:

That's probably because you don't live in the hood. I told you my comments were based on the fact that I have saw this kind of nonsense happen IRL. It's the sad reality we live in. Taxi drivers are big targets. Most people tend to pay cash when taking a traditional taxi (I know their are things like Uber where I think payments are all through the bank/an app but this is not the case for most taxi firms). You could of easily looked it up yourself before commenting. I'm not going back and fourth with you, I do think we should ban the robbery of taxi drivers, simply to promote more people into getting involved with that kind of roleplay. Hardly anyone wants to roleplay a taxi driver and banning calling them up to rob them will possibly increase how many players want to play and that is honestly a good thing.  

My only issue was seeing a member of senior support, blurting out this never happens in real life and anyone that does this in-game is instantly a bad role-player that is unrealistic and has poor character portrayal. That's not necessarily the case. Many people are roleplaying poverty stricken characters in the hood, their not roleplaying as your neighbours in the neighbourhood you live in personally IRL. What might not happen in your immediate community, does happen in the community's of those less fortunate than you. 

The list of news articles goes on and on, I just picked out a few at random. The majority of the time, a taxi driver being robbed would not even make the news yet their are still many articles you can choose from. I'd also presume this doesn't just happen in English speaking countries. The people that do this stupid shit go to prison, obviously they get caught. These people often do it regularly, if they don't get caught the first few times, they get caught in the long run. Yet it still happens, these people aren't scared of prison. They need a quick buck, often to get a quick high. 

This server says it is all about realism, then get mad when people do stuff that happens in real life, just because it's not something that happens in their IRL neighbourhood. It's mad. The only reason to ban this from a OOC point of view is to encourage more people to be taxi drivers. However it would not be "promoting realism" in any way, shape or form. It would simply be an OOC perk that may or may not increase roleplay in a particular genre. I'm all for it, I support that choice. It could be a very positive implementation to the server. Just what you personally said was fairly inaccurate and not very senior support of you.

Okf50S1.png

JzGnZLT.png

tl9teXz.png

7ZwVwf2.png

f1jmRBA.png

av2yUMi.png

enJjJ9u.png

fgN64na.png

7dX7WMc.png

SdWksxQ.png

b1lRqLn.png

w8LcVJi.png

JFib8iP.png

rU5dXKT.png

CtvUmYG.png

Hate to break it to you, but I live in New York City. Crime happens here all the time. And once again, we roleplay on what happens the majority of the time. You’re not understanding what I’m saying. Calling the taxi hotline just to rob the driver is obviously poor character portrayal and is just unrealistic as stated above me by Soup. Taxi drivers are definitely people that get targeted for this stuff because they are one of the easiest to target, but it still isn’t realistic to call a taxi just to rob the driver. Robberies in the server aren’t the best right now in terms of realism, and people doing this does not help at all.

Let’s use an example again. Someone starts opening fire at the Los Angeles International Airport. That is not a common thing to happen. Now, let’s use an in-game example. Someone robs the Los Santos International Airport. That would clearly be breaking numerous rules since the average criminal would not do that. See what I’m saying? I have been robbed many times and have robbed people before IC’ly. I know exactly what it’s like on both sides of the case.

1 hour ago, tomatoz said:

Hate to break it to you, but I live in New York City. Crime happens here all the time. And once again, we roleplay on what happens the majority of the time. You’re not understanding what I’m saying. Calling the taxi hotline just to rob the driver is obviously poor character portrayal and is just unrealistic as stated above me by Soup. Taxi drivers are definitely people that get targeted for this stuff because they are one of the easiest to target, but it still isn’t realistic to call a taxi just to rob the driver. Robberies in the server aren’t the best right now in terms of realism, and people doing this does not help at all.

Let’s use an example again. Someone starts opening fire at the Los Angeles International Airport. That is not a common thing to happen. Now, let’s use an in-game example. Someone robs the Los Santos International Airport. That would clearly be breaking numerous rules since the average criminal would not do that. See what I’m saying? I have been robbed many times and have robbed people before IC’ly. I know exactly what it’s like on both sides of the case.

zH0HOFl.png

cGD03CL.png

aiCPJNW.png

XjeneHM.png

5XQRMse.png

9ZAeNCx.png

real life people, calling real life taxis with the intention of just robbing them, in real life. I have gave you how many real life examples so far and you're still saying its not a realistic thing to do? You expect us to hold a higher standard of realism than actual physical, real life?

I mean it's not like every illegal player is doing it, I do not know anyone that has ever called a taxi on GTA World and then robbed it, not a single person. However to argue it's not realistic? it regularly happens in REAL LIFE. 

How often does an airport get robbed in REAL LIFE? Very rarely.

How often do people call a taxi company just to rob the driver upon arrival in REAL LIFE? Everyday.

A U.S study shows taxi drivers are one of the most common victims to robbery based on occupation, they also are the occupation that have the highest homicide rate. It’s one of the most dangerous jobs you can work...

stop saying it’s not realistic and just say “it’s annoying, we don’t want it here”. That’s closer to the truth lol

Edited by orangejuice
35 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

zH0HOFl.png

cGD03CL.png

aiCPJNW.png

XjeneHM.png

5XQRMse.png

9ZAeNCx.png

real life people, calling real life taxis with the intention of just robbing them, in real life. I have gave you how many real life examples so far and you're still saying its not a realistic thing to do? You expect us to hold a higher standard of realism than actual physical, real life?

I mean it's not like every illegal player is doing it, I do not know anyone that has ever called a taxi on GTA World and then robbed it, not a single person. However to argue it's not realistic? it regularly happens in REAL LIFE. 

How often does an airport get robbed in REAL LIFE? Very rarely.

How often do people call a taxi company just to rob the driver upon arrival in REAL LIFE? Everyday.

A U.S study shows taxi drivers are one of the most common victims to robbery based on occupation, they also are the occupation that have the highest homicide rate. It’s one of the most dangerous jobs you can work...

stop saying it’s not realistic and just say “it’s annoying, we don’t want it here”. That’s closer to the truth lol

You’re still not understanding the point in what I am saying so I will not continue with this discussion as it is leading nowhere. Anyone can add-on if they wish.

You do realize that guy ending up with his whole plot and full clear name detailed in a news article?

That they caught the guy?

That's the meta-issue here, people read only the part that "it was done" and cherry pick the bits that suit them.

That the criminal featured in the article was an utter failure, got busted and prevented for a good time to pull the same shit off again? Irrelevant, it certainly will work smooth ingame.

Edited by knppel