Calling a taxi using taxi hotline just to rob them

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My friend who is brand new to the server just got robbed back-to-back on his first day from people doing this. Actually looked it up to see if its in the rules at all and found this thread. Needless to say, I support this.

As the friend that was mentioned here, yes, it really sucks. I don't think I'm making any money doing this and I was trying to avoid that fall into the crime life. But at this rate, my character can't even do something he likes to do for work because it's not safe. And both times I had minimal cash and a phone, and each time the robber just gets angrier and starts attacking me. There's no winning here.

1 hour ago, DoomedAmerica said:

I mean, is it scummy? Yes.

Does it happen IRL? Yes.

Just rp having glass in between you and your passengers, problem solved. 

I still disagree, if you spot a cab on the street its a different story, but calling one, giving them your location, phone number, ect that's when it's a problem. It can be properly roleplayed for sure, the problem is people skim out on the buildup. 

I don't really agree with this becoming a rule but a precedent should be set under rule zero where something like this is discouraged. 

Edited by Woona
2 hours ago, Woona said:

I still disagree, if you spot a cab on the street its a different story, but calling one, giving them your location, phone number, ect that's when it's a problem. It can be properly roleplayed for sure, the problem is people skim out on the buildup. 

I don't really agree with this becoming a rule but a precedent should be set under rule zero where something like this is discouraged. 

+1

The average criminal wouldn't risk sharing their full name and number to a victim during a robbery, whatsoever. It's a player quality report and powergaming due to non-Fear R.P.

Something else has come to my mind, obviously when people use /taxi we get their phone number ICly, would we get their name ICly or is that just for our added ease of use OOCly? I never RP knowing their name but just their number. Maybe we need an admin clarification on this as well?

I want to reiterate I am not calling for taxi drivers to be immune to robbery, if you pick up someone off the street from Davis and get robbed? Well You shouldn't be accepting strangers from the street, that's on you, but there needs to be something done about people using /taxi to rob drivers. We don't want to be in a position where people can't get a taxi because no one wants to be a driver for fear of being robbed constantly. 

In my opinion, taxi drivers shouldn't be immune.

The sheer risk such a situation has should be unappealing on its own. Realistically, the taxi-driver has the number, maybe even a location that can be linked with the person.
There's a difference between acts that are retarded to fulfill as a criminal and acts that break the rules.

The criminal would be caught the same day, or atleast shortly after the crime happened.

If the player actually has a reason for their character to fulfill acts like this, that are just mind-boggling retarded, then I don't see an issue at all.

It always depends on the circumstances and how it was portrayed. As long as it's roleplayed properly and doesn't break one of the rules, I'm fine with this suggestion not being added.

So that's a -1 from me.

My first fare when I used to be a taxi driver, it was three guys I picked up from Textile City to go to sandy shores, and they got my money, my phone, then they locked my phone with a security code and gave it back to me. They got back in my taxi and drove it back to where I picked them up, where they had parked their car. An Officer had seen them leaving and I confirmed it was them with that car.

In the real life, there are little to no cases of taxi drivers being robbed by their customers. There was a situation once, in the same city I live, that an offduty police officer robbed the taxi driver's money. He got caught after that because there were cameras in the taxi and he got recognized real quick, and arrested.

It's completely unrealistic, maybe there must be a script or an addition to the robbery rules that onduty taxi drivers are immune. Most of the people getting a fare from a very far place like Sandy shores or Paleto Bay, no taxi driver wants to get there because it will probably be a robbery. Completely ruins the quality RP both parties have to offer, when there is no intention to being robbed.

7 minutes ago, Noir said:

My first fare when I used to be a taxi driver, it was three guys I picked up from Textile City to go to sandy shores, and they got my money, my phone, then they locked my phone with a security code and gave it back to me. They got back in my taxi and drove it back to where I picked them up, where they had parked their car. An Officer had seen them leaving and I confirmed it was them with that car.

In the real life, there are little to no cases of taxi drivers being robbed by their customers. There was a situation once, in the same city I live, that an offduty police officer robbed the taxi driver's money. He got caught after that because there were cameras in the taxi and he got recognized real quick, and arrested.

It's completely unrealistic, maybe there must be a script or an addition to the robbery rules that onduty taxi drivers are immune. Most of the people getting a fare from a very far place like Sandy shores or Paleto Bay, no taxi driver wants to get there because it will probably be a robbery. Completely ruins the quality RP both parties have to offer, when there is no intention to being robbed.

Well, thats just an instance of badly executed and unrealistic robbingRP.

As I stated above already, doing this is mind-boggling dumb, but there shouldn't be a regulation against it.

Actions have consequences and it should be unlikely for these people to get away.

Edited by MomoIsHere