Allow police to drop items when on duty.

8 hours ago, Storm said:

Yeah. Never really got why this was a restriction unless police weapons used to be part of /inv? A good QOL suggestion.

Probably. There’s a lot of restrictions placed on things that don’t make a lot of sense? Like this. 

On 9/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, ThatMuricanGuy said:

Love the thought of this, inventory fills up quick being a detective investigating dead bodies, and it sucks not being able to drop the dead body food.

You can drop the dead body food. You just need to roleplay driving back to the police station and taking off your shirt and pants first. 

I've been thinking about this suggestion over the last couple of days. I thought maybe it'd be a bad idea, for about an hour or two. But I'm once again convinced that this is a good idea and that this should be implemented. So I just thought I'd let you guys know that. Please let me know if you have any questions.

👏 Make 👏 it 👏 happen 👏

There is no reason to upkeep the current restriction as is and not implement this QoL change. Duty firearms are not incorporated into the player's script inventory and it is tedious to write down 10 commands back to back just to drop a bottle of water - especially with the background of any toggle options on the server being strictly temporary.

@Devs, does this amount to anything more than removing a conditional that checks the player's faction before determining if they can drop or trash an item?

Is there a reason we're not thinking of as to why this can't be done?

Edited by u10sil
1 hour ago, LochnessMonsterr said:

Police can already drop items on duty with the 'i' menu, not sure why it's still limited with /dropitem. The duty weapon does not come up in inventory and shouldn't for reasons above.

Maybe this is why they don't want to implement this suggestion then; they want us to use the fancy menus for everything instead of having easily accessible commands.

• Thanks 1