Toggle Ads

What I'm suggesting is a way to remove /ad which I've always hated and I'm also suggesting a way for players to buy/sell whatever it is they want to sell without having to actually go in-game. I don't know whether it can be done but I think it would make everything way more easier without interrupting people's immersion in with whatever they're doing.

EDIT:
/toggle ad

Edited by St3fan[NL]

You can sell your vehicles and properties on the forums. Other than that, I disagree with this suggestion. This is a roleplay server, not a forum simulator. Anything and everything should be done in-game if the script allows it. In regards to 'interrupting people's immersion', I'd recommend adding a command to toggle advertisements instead.

I'll have to disagree with both of these.

1) Advertising is everywhere IRL so I don't see why there should be a magical command to mute it ingame.

2) Selling properties and vehicles should always be done in-game because it is IC. We really don't need to give people more excuses not to join the server. Average player count is low enough already.

Moved to Game Suggestions. Seems more fitting.

I think the current system works fine, alot of meetups and business openings are currently being advertised through /ad, especially good for players that are struggling to find people to roleplay with in the early stages of the server. What would you suggest as an alternative?

20 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

@Portz ^ Suggestion for an alternative?

If not, I will lock this because there is no good reason to get rid of this.

Toggle would be a great alternative.

2 hours ago, MalteseWolf said:

I'll have to disagree with both of these.

1) Advertising is everywhere IRL so I don't see why there should be a magical command to mute it ingame.

2) Selling properties and vehicles should always be done in-game because it is IC. We really don't need to give people more excuses not to join the server. Average player count is low enough already.

It's "everywhere" in real life if you choose to look for it. I'm not getting adverts shoved in my face when I'm kicking it with the boys having a BBQ.

In regards to your 2nd point, the ability to sell vehicles/properties offline is mainly to benefit players who do not share similar time-zones. Some people have real life obligations (work and shit) that means they can't log in around the clock like the majority of teenage roleplayers can. Some players live in countries that when it's the best time for them to play means that they only get to see between 5 and 10 players at a time (me and the other 5 or 10 players lmao).

In real life, you're not paying for a house with cash. A car, yeah maybe. But there's also alternatives that doesn't = a face to face meet up that allows you to purchase vehicles. A system where offline purchasing of vehicles/properties can happen means that players can do what they got to do easily. Without out-of-character obligations being an issue.

56 minutes ago, Ikechukwu said:

Moved to Game Suggestions. Seems more fitting.

I think the current system works fine, alot of meetups and business openings are currently being advertised through /ad, especially good for players that are struggling to find people to roleplay with in the early stages of the server. What would you suggest as an alternative?

Thanks I couldn't tell which one to put it in.

I and other players would be happy with just getting a /togad function that allows us to not have to see ads at all. The amount of times I've had /ad Is a young female/male looking for any work! plaguing my screens is annoying. Takes away from my immersion and I'm sure it takes away from others too. It's not like their ad randomly slaps me in the face.