Adding some of Rule 18's points into a new rule for general RP

Craazy

I almost got banned because I quit from the game since I got angry that a cop found 1 gram of Marijuana from my character SOMEHOW. This is a good addition to save us all from the robocops.

EDIT: It's also funny how they force you to RP any light amount of narcotics when you forget, but how are you going to roleplay with the "what's on you it's on you" logic, all those burgers,  beers, books, flowers, cakes, and Habeeb taxi note when you are on your swimming shorts?

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I almost got banned because I quit from the game since I got angry that a cop found 1 gram of Marijuana from my character SOMEHOW. This is a good addition to save us all from the robocops.

EDIT: It's also funny how they force you to RP any light amount of narcotics when you forget, but how are you going to roleplay with the "what's on you it's on you" logic, all those burgers,  beers, books, flowers, cakes, and Habeeb taxi note when you are on your swimming shorts?

Why carry all the items on your person if logically one would not be able to carry such as the burgers, books, beers, etc? If the item shouldn't be on your person roleplay wise, then throw it in a car or a home where it would be roleplayed being.

As far as items being hidden in body cavities, I agree that if it's roleplayed properly then it should pass without issue. However, the issue I have with that is that people powergame their items hidden and completely inaccessible without any RP done prior; such as "my 1 gram of weed is far up my butt" when it was purchased minutes ago. People go out of their way OOCly to try and save themselves from IC punishment for things; which includes OOC lying. People pick the location of their items as it's convinent to their roleplay. When dealing with law enforcement, it's hidden in the most hidden way possible that'll never be found; yet when people are hanging out with their friends they just pull it out of their pockets.

During this roleplay interaction,  you couldn't provide anything from that day, but only something from a few days to a week ago which was questionable. You have to understand we need to ask these sort of questions in an RP situation,  especially when someone doesn't want to provide us with recent proof of them stashing 11 grams of cocaine up their boxers. 

Also, the player wasn't arrested or charged, he merely had the drugs taken from him after a long night of shootings (including an AK) and a cked body that was right next to this individual on Grove Street at the time of the search. Next time please ask for the rest of the story instead of instantly jumping to a negative conclusion. 

Just now, Sidewinder said:

During this roleplay interaction,  you couldn't provide anything from that day, but only something from a few days to a week ago which was questionable. You have to understand we need to ask these sort of questions in an RP situation,  especially when someone doesn't want to provide us with recent proof of them stashing 11 grams of cocaine up their boxers. 

Also, the player wasn't arrested or charged, he merely had the drugs taken from him after a long night of shootings (including an AK) and a cked body that was right next to this individual on Grove Street at the time of the search. Next time please ask for the rest of the story instead of instantly jumping to a negative conclusion. 

I don't see why I have to provide anything from that day, considering that I haven't roleplayed using any cocaine or even pulling it out on that day. I was wearing the same hoodie I was when I last roleplayed the cocaine, and therefore, the cocaine was on my person. Also, while I understand you want to try to make it appear as if my logs were from "a few days to a week ago", keep in mind that my logs were from two days ago which technically counts as a few, but it's still only two days and it was the last time the cocaine was roleplayed by me at all.

I don't see why you're saying that someone doesn't want to provide recent proof, when two days ago does count as recent. Please read the original topic before you make comments like this, because clearly you didn't read or understand it. The point of this suggestion is to ensure that you don't need to pump out an OOC safeguard of a /me every 8 hours, saying /me has drugs in his boxers, JUST so you can give this log over to PD when they search you.

Even then, the officers immediately roleplayed the drugs in my back pocket when I was locating the logs, which is completely against the common courtesy and powergame rules, which is why the cocaine was refunded to me. It's only 11 grams, and I didn't care if I was going to be arrested or anything, it's more about the principle of PD "playing to win", and not being courteous to fellow players.

I understand it comes from a place of exhaustion towards those who powergame their drugs in their butt when they just had it seconds ago, but you don't have to break common courtesy rules and powergame the drugs being placed in a back pocket when it was in fact roleplayed elsewhere.

I don't see why we illegal roleplayers have to be the ones who "RP now, report later", when you could easily just RP the drugs in the boxers, and report later. There is no rule that requires you to have logs of stashing the item from the day of, or at least 8 hours prior to the search, so technically, roleplaying the drugs in someone's back pocket when they roleplayed it elsewhere is a breach of common courtesy and powergame rules as pointed out in the previous page.

5 minutes ago, LochnessMonsterr said:

As far as items being hidden in body cavities, I agree that if it's roleplayed properly then it should pass without issue. However, the issue I have with that is that people powergame their items hidden and completely inaccessible without any RP done prior; such as "my 1 gram of weed is far up my butt" when it was purchased minutes ago. People go out of their way OOCly to try and save themselves from IC punishment for things; which includes OOC lying. People pick the location of their items as it's convinent to their roleplay. When dealing with law enforcement, it's hidden in the most hidden way possible that'll never be found; yet when people are hanging out with their friends they just pull it out of their pockets.

I understand completely, and know that this is a serious issue for LEO roleplayers. However, this rule change will clarify it for those who don't powergame. If someone is powergaming an item up their butt, go ahead and ask for logs or screenshots and if they can't provide, then you have them on the hook for powergame.

I don't see why you have to stoop down to their level however, and roleplay the drugs elsewhere. It's RP now, and report later, right? So why can't LEO roleplayers just RP that, and report it afterwards, rather than immediately powergame themselves by roleplaying the drugs in a pocket.

This is why there needs to be a rule in place for situations like this, so both sides don't break the rules.

Ask/tell them nicely OOC that you don't have those objects on you IC or that they are hidden very well.

From an OOC point of view, a player shouldn't enter RP like this with a mentality of " I really want to arrest this guy ". At the end of the day, RP should be fun for both sides and I'd hate to be punished IC because I forgot to do something OOC ( Like getting off the bike and your weapon shows up because it's equipped in the menu )

On 8/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, LochnessMonsterr said:

Why carry all the items on your person if logically one would not be able to carry such as the burgers, books, beers, etc? If the item shouldn't be on your person roleplay wise, then throw it in a car or a home where it would be roleplayed being.

Items get picked up randomly and it adds up quick, storing stuff with those tedious ass commands and checking the item IDs 10x is just super annoying to do every time you wanna store your freshly picked up 50 habeeb notes. Extremely inconvenient so Im not surprised most ppl just carry shit on them and give up on doing that. 

30 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Items get picked up randomly and it adds up quick, storing stuff with those tedious ass commands and checking the item IDs 10x is just super annoying to do every time you wanna store your freshly picked up 50 habeeb notes. Extremely inconvenient so Im not surprised most ppl just carry shit on them and give up on doing that. 

You know you can press I->Inventory?
No Item IDs involved, no commands and it has a lot of flexibility such as storing in a vehicle, property etc.

2 hours ago, effion said:

You know you can press I->Inventory?
No Item IDs involved, no commands and it has a lot of flexibility such as storing in a vehicle, property etc.

It's still annoying to go through the menu for each item to store them unless there's a feature to store multiple selected items at once but I didn't see that, I'm not saying it's an excuse since it's like this for everyone but with many items it can still be bothersome

• mj2002 locked this topic