Adding some of Rule 18's points into a new rule for general RP

Craazy

As it stands, PD can roleplay taking your cocaine that may have been stashed in your boxers, and pull it out of your back pocket. 

I've been told by PD members Danica Ocampo and Alexis Sullivan that you MUST have logs of stashing your contraband from no more than 8 hours prior to being searched. If the roleplay comes from more than 8 hours ago, they automatically roleplay the items being in your pockets. In my absolute opinion, this is a breach of common courtesy and powergame rules.

If you HAVE actually roleplayed placing your drugs within your boxers, and haven't roleplayed taking them out since, then why should you have to keep roleplaying every 8 hours that the drugs are stashed in your boxers, JUST in case PD searches you.

This makes no sense, since then you have to roleplay /me has his drugs in his boxers every 8 hours as an OOC safeguard, so that when PD does search you, you can prove it to them.

There is also no rule that dictates any of this, this is just how PD roleplays, and I understand it completely as some people might powergame and say that their fully loaded Desert Eagle is inside their butt, just so that the PD doesn't find it.

However, for those who actually have roleplayed stashing their items, and don't have the logs/screenshots on standby, or let's say, just logged into the game and got raided without any time to type out a /me has his drugs in his boxers--- It isn't fair.

For example, I had my drugs stashed inside my hoodie pocket. I then took off my hoodie and placed it on a bicycle, since I was about to get into a fist fight. I didn't place the items onto the bicycle's inventory as I was being punched by script, and therefore the drugs were still in my inventory. I was searched by PD some time after, and was told by a friend that if the items are in my inventory, I must roleplay them on my person EVEN though realistically they weren't on my person.

I decided to roleplay them in my boxers since that is where I always roleplay putting my drugs if I'm not wearing a hoodie, though since I didn't have logs or screenshots of placing the drugs in my boxers, then I was forced to roleplay them being in my backpocket, though ICly the drugs weren't even on my person.

For this reason, I suggest a new rule like Rule 18's smuggling paragraph which dictates that "Smuggled items may also be "stashed" with screenshot evidence to indicate items on a character are actually elsewhere". With this new rule, players who actually do roleplay stashing their items, for example, in their boxers... then they don't have to repeat a /me every 8 hours. With this new rule, things will be more clarified, and therefore there is more fairness and less non-RP.

Edited by Craazy

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this. I don’t know anyone who keeps a baggie of cocaine in their pocket.

Obviously if you’re trying to smuggle drugs into jail and you’re rping it up your ass I’d need a screenshot of that, but if I’m at any old traffic stop and you’re rping it in your boxers? I’m not finding it.

it really just depends who you get frisking you. some people give you the benefit of the doubt, some dont. I don’t think the rule should be changed though because sometimes it’s good getting ooc confirmation that something is where you’re being told it is, and they’ve not just made it up on the spot so they don’t lose their items.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Declan said:

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this. I don’t know anyone who keeps a baggie of cocaine in their pocket.

Depends who. I've arrested a fair few people that forget they've got cocaine in their pocket. It happens. Especially if you're going out to a club, most people aren't gonna stash it in their boxers.

I'd say it depends on the person, but yes, the rule should be changed to make things clearer. I don't think in the two years I've been RPing a cop on this server, a single person has taken me up on the offer to provide proof that yes, the 17g of coke they're carrying was stuffed in their prison wallet.

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Obviously if you’re trying to smuggle drugs into jail and you’re rping it up your ass I’d need a screenshot of that, but if I’m at any old traffic stop and you’re rping it in your boxers? I’m not finding it.

it really just depends who you get frisking you. some people give you the benefit of the doubt, some dont. I don’t think the rule should be changed though because sometimes it’s good getting ooc confirmation that something is where you’re being told it is, and they’ve not just made it up on the spot so they don’t lose their items.

Thanks for your input, though while I agree with you, I believe that the rule should be changed since as you pointed out, some don't give the benefit of the doubt and go ahead to roleplay the drugs being in your back pocket, as it happened to me.

The reason I believe the rule should be changed is because I was told that LSPD has roleplayed like this for some time, where they'll just roleplay fishing it out of your pockets EVEN if like me, you took more than two minutes to check the backup folder of your log parser.

I was told by @Anselmi that this is illegitimate however, and cops cannot force you to roleplay the items being in your pocket though I doubt these cops were trying to break any rules, which is why there needs to be a rule change/addition to clarify for these situations as @Westen pointed out.

It's a case of being courteous to your fellow player. Small amount of drugs on them and they're adamant that they stashed it somewhere? It's not going to kill you to give them benefit of the doubt. Walking around with obscene amounts of illegal goods on you is another story though.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Craazy said:

Thanks for your input, though while I agree with you, I believe that the rule should be changed since as you pointed out, some don't give the benefit of the doubt and go ahead to roleplay the drugs being in your back pocket, as it happened to me.

The reason I believe the rule should be changed is because I was told that LSPD has roleplayed like this for some time, where they'll just roleplay fishing it out of your pockets EVEN if like me, you took more than two minutes to check the backup folder of your log parser.

I was told by @Anselmi that this is illegitimate however, and cops cannot force you to roleplay the items being in your pocket though I doubt these cops were trying to break any rules, which is why there needs to be a rule change/addition to clarify for these situations as @Westen pointed out.

If you roleplayed having the drugs in your boxers and offered to provide proof, I'd be considering a report on those officers for common courtesy and PG if they refuse to see said proof.

9 minutes ago, Westen said:

If you roleplayed having the drugs in your boxers and offered to provide proof, I'd be considering a report on those officers for common courtesy and PG if they refuse to see said proof.

I was going to make a report for those exact rules though I didn't want any punishments imposed on these officers.

That's the reason I decided to write up this rule suggestion, since part of Rule 18 for jail, is that you can keep the items on your character script-wise, but not roleplay them on your character if you have them stashed elsewhere.

Edited by Craazy
eh deleted a paragraph cause it was going off topic

I'm sorry but I don't really get the suggestion going here. The first line in your suggestion is false however, no one can roleplay pulling out a baggy of cocaine from a pocket that you RPed put somewhere else.

After reading the suggestion you made about 5 times, I finally understood what you meant. The title about jail is so misleading and got me off on the wrong foot.

I don't know if such a rule is needed. If a police officer yanks out a baggy of cocaine from your pocket when you put it somewhere else, then that is just powergaming at best. If I do a search, I indicate where I search, if I don't specify the area where you hid your drugs, then I don't find it. A police officer can not simply do /me searches John Doe his property and then proceed to just find every illegal item there is. 

If a police officer is going to make a scene over a small amount of dope and how you didn't put it somewhere else scriptwise, then that is on them for being not courteous. 

Edited by Tseard
59 minutes ago, Declan said:

Basically this. Not a whole lot to say, Declan hammers the point home.

58 minutes ago, Tseard said:

I'm sorry but I don't really get the suggestion going here. The first line in your suggestion is false however, no one can roleplay pulling out a baggy of cocaine from a pocket that you RPed put somewhere else.

After reading the suggestion you made about 5 times, I finally understood what you meant. The title about jail is so misleading and got me off on the wrong foot.

I don't know if such a rule is needed. If a police officer yanks out a baggy of cocaine from your pocket when you put it somewhere else, then that is just powergaming at best. If I do a search, I indicate where I search, if I don't specify the area where you hid your drugs, then I don't find it. A police officer can not simply do /me searches John Doe his property and then proceed to just find every illegal item there is. 

If a police officer is going to make a scene over a small amount of dope and how you didn't put it somewhere else scriptwise, then that is on them for being not courteous. 

Thanks a lot for your input. I'll definitely change the topic name right now, so that others are not confused. I can now see how the title comes across completely different.

• mj2002 locked this topic