Why all the MCs I've ever seen are the worst thing ever.

Kappaurel

Well, I wanted to bring this thing up, cause it makes me so sad to see how people portray Motorcycle Clubs, and not just in this server, but in every server I've ever been, since SAMP and MTA

This is not DIRECTLY against any of the MCs in the server (but one, or more than one are included)

- The 1% problem: One of the biggest problems, by far. Guys, the ONE PERCENT patch has a meaning: only one percent of all the MCs in the world are outlaws. Here, everyone wants to be illegal, and well, that's up to you but STOP WEARING THAT PATCH. That's like if all the illegal guys had a fucking tattoo in their face: MAFIA or ILLEGAL GANG WE KILL PEOPLE. Stop shouting you are bad boys and illegal, honestly, you look like 5 yo kids trying to look bad

- The being rude problem: This just adds to the "5 yo kids trying to look bad". Stop looking for trouble, stop looking for enemies, stop trying to antagonize every fucking person that walks in your bar when you open it. Do you think that MC's, either legal or illegal, in real life, survive by literally getting everyone against them? It's the opposite. They try to get local support, they do good acts, they help the poor, or they do nothing at all, BUT THEY DON'T TRY TO GET IN TROUBLE ALL THE DAY, which sometimes it's the case here.

Stop this. You look silly, absurd, ridiculous. Investigate about MC's, look how they do what they do. If they are illegal, they don't need to shout I'M ILLEGAL, FEAR ME, AM A BAD BOY with a 1% patch. Acting like that is literally yelling "HEY COPS, COME GET US, WE DO ILLEGAL STUFF". It's so sad to see this.

I could keep going with all the stuff you do that looks like shit and breaks realism so hard, but I think everyone understood what I meant.

As I said, not all the MC's of the server are included, some of them really do it well, they are "kind", they follow the "support your local MC" way, but some are.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1

I've never had issues with any MCs treating any of my characters poorly, as a non-member of their organization, within the past year. All of my characters have had positive experiences with M.C. members, regardless of their skin tone, accent, age, gender, or criminal/legal association. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

I know who this... You came into our bar and were acting friendly. Thus we treated you friendly.

Then one of our higher ups walk in and you said the following directed at him:

Alexander Orleans says: It's incredible that there isn't a single "legal" MC in the city.

Alexander Orleans says: You are breaking the meaning of one percenter.

Alexander Orleans says: The meaning of that patch is that only one percent of all the MC's are not law-abiding.

Alexander Orleans says: And in the city, it's like hundred-percent.

Richard Moore says: Da 1% patch means we don't follow the fuckin' rules society has set fa' us.

1% doesn't always mean illegal MC. It's means they don't follow the laws of the AMA that were set out for them.

Don't come in a biker owned bar and antagonize us. BTW, We simply kicked out you. There wasn't even any violence involved! I feel like we were LENIENT about it.

Just now, Thirteen said:

I'm not a part of any MC's, but this definitely seems like a thread created out of spite from the start, and I don't think any good discussion is going to come out of this based on the narrative you are presenting here.

Fortunately, this is nothing created out of spite or due to the personal hate to any of the MC's. I've been in the server for less than two weeks, didn't have time for that!

Also, I hope we can have a good, polite and productive discussion. If the thread becomes a salt pool I'll just delete it.

1 minute ago, Sixth said:

I know who this... You came into our bar and were acting friendly. Thus we treated you friendly.

Then one of our higher ups walk in and you said the following directed at him:

1% doesn't always mean illegal MC. It's means they don't follow the laws of the AMA that were set out for them.

Don't come in a biker owned bar and antagonize us. BTW, We simply kicked out you. There wasn't even any violence involved! I feel like we were LENIENT about it.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=one+percent+patch+meaning

Go for it.

Don't try to create a new meaning for something EVERYONE knows. I didn't antagonize anyone, if you wear a patch that says I'M AN OUTLAW, then expect people to speak about you like outlaws.

However, this was not strictly against you. You are not the only ones I've seen acting like this.

Edited by Kappaurel
Just now, Kappaurel said:

Fortunately, this is nothing created out of spite or due to the personal hate to any of the MC's. I've been in the server for less than two weeks, didn't have time for that!

Also, I hope we can have a good, polite and productive discussion. If the thread becomes a salt pool I'll just delete it.

It's already a "salt pool", though. Your initial post is riddled with salt. Hell, your title alone comes across as that, with you calling all MC's you've ever seen, "the worst thing ever". 

This is a roleplay server and if 100 people want to roleplay 100 different 1% MC's they are free to do so, since we are all here to have fun.

On the other hand, antagonizing everyone is a big problem here and in every RP server so I don't think there is room for discussion here. If you think someone had a poor approach on antagonizing your char or they are just attempting to antagonize to provoke a shooting or a fight, just fill up a report for Roleplay Quality Management and they'll sort it out. I really don't see a point to the thread and for me it looks like something happened to you IC and you are trying to bring this discussion to forums.

2 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

In the United States, such motorcycle clubs (MCs) are considered "outlaw" not necessarily because they engage in criminal activity, but because they are not sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and do not adhere to the AMA's rules. Instead the clubs have their own set of bylaws reflecting the outlaw biker culture.[1][2][3][4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Sixth said:

In the United States, such motorcycle clubs (MCs) are considered "outlaw" not necessarily because they engage in criminal activity, but because they are not sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and do not adhere to the AMA's rules. Instead the clubs have their own set of bylaws reflecting the outlaw biker culture.[1][2][3][4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

Again, this was not directed JUST towards you, you are not the only MC I've went to (the first one that treats me like that, though), but in all of them you can feel that "we're bad boys and we're ready to kick anyone who talks about something we are slightly against". It's so sad.

Apart from that, the 1% discussion makes no sense. Everyone knows what that patch means, and you don't see it used IRL (by MCs that aren't famous for being illegal already)

Edited by Kappaurel