Problem with PD alts

DirtNasty

Just now, Rumbunctious said:

No, it's not you working, it's your character working.

No it is you working for your positions because you'd spend hours YOURSELF writing policies, guides, handbooks, and assisting people on an OOC basis. To be frank, your character has little involvement if you're promoted from a field rank to a supervisor rank because at the end of the day they want competent people. The only involvement your character has if they're realistically roleplayed and developed to that position.

Just now, bonk said:

No it is you working for your positions because you'd spend hours YOURSELF writing policies, guides, handbooks, and assisting people on an OOC basis. To be frank, your character has little involvement if you're promoted from a field rank to a supervisor rank because at the end of the day they want competent people. The only involvement your character has if they're realistically roleplayed and developed to that position.

You could say the same thing about an illegal alt, dudes actually take the time to do research to develop factions and characters so that point would be invalid.

Just now, Keane said:

If you've come across any examples of people RPing the same characters across multiple names, name and shame them.

Keane c'mon bro. You're an admin.. don't encourage a witch hunt here on general discussions bro. We're not here to name names and point fingers. There are plenty of people reading this who know we're talking about them, and hopfuly that's enough to help push them in the right direction. But what we're here trying to discuss is ways that we as a community can help enforce and encourage proper RP. And yes Keane, you are right that the title of this post could potentialy be changed to reflect the fact this isn't just a PD issue. But the PD are direct ambassadors of the server. They are as official as an official faction gets and in term are going to be the spotlight of this discussion. They need to lead by example here on server. It is not an excuse to say "every other faction does this aswell." We all here see an issue, and now lets address it productively. 

Is there rules or punishments that can be put in place to help enforce things like this? Should the community be encouraged to write more non fear RP reports on police? Should police have to start from the bottom after a CK just like illegal factions do? Should PD members be subject to punishment or perhaps even dissmissal from the force should they only choose to lay a robo cop without a life outside of the PD?

In that is a big part of the issue Keane. Yes, other factions do this.. but other factions are playing their MAIN CHARACTERS when they do this stuff. And if a faction IS doing that stuff.. you and I both know they don't have any gun/drug supplies/ They're a bunch of DMers waiting to be banned from server. It's the factions that rise above nonsense like that who are recognized and rewarded. So please, let's not make this a he said she said bickering match. Everyone here on server should be held to the same standards.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jola said:

You could say the same thing about an illegal alt, dudes actually take the time to do research to develop factions and characters so that point would be invalid.

With illegal factions you also just jump right back into the mix, with LEO factions one CK means you have to wait for a batch, apply, do 2 exams and an interview and 3 week field training program. There’s a lot of grey areas with this idea.

As someone who has spent an considerable amount of time to properly research and develop a character in PD with proper mindset, feelings, goals and behavior in general, you'll know if you have encountered my character. This thread is simply wrong and alt's for PD should be encouraged as this allows to see how the other side is, allows the player to be more understanding and be able to act out a police officer far better than not having that knowledge. I for one had spent about half a year of doing proper development on a illegal character, I got a good taste of it which allowed me to develop my current character far better than not having that experience.

Also, in my case, I can get burnt out quite easily for various reasons such as not being appreciated, other players providing subpar roleplay experience or the typical "all cops are bad" behavior which is even more wrong so that's why I currently have an alt that's different from my cop character and one where I can relax on, enjoy myself and have fun with friends. My reasoning was to not burn myself completely from RP and therefore end up leaving completely. 

I really don't understand where this is coming from and if you have come across players who appear to care about their character, not roleplay anything properly and appear like a robocop, you can always report them to the faction management or roleplay quality team as this is taken quite serious and is encouraged to weed out any bad apples. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1
Just now, bonk said:

With illegal factions you also just jump right back into the mix, with LEO factions one CK means you have to wait for a batch, apply, do 2 exams and an interview and 3 week field training program. There’s a lot of grey areas with this idea.

No you dont. Again, not gonna name names. Perhaps I can have some friends step forward to tell you their experience but that is incorrect. People Ck and namechange right back into the swing of things like it's no big deal. Instantly.

2 minutes ago, bonk said:

That's also wrong, and it proves the whole point of why LEO rpers should invest in illegal alts, if you're made (I'll use my faction for example) It literally takes 7/12 months to get back into that position after you CK, so think about the other positions it would take even more time. This goes for most factions, even gangs to an extent you can get jumped in easily but to build back your reputation, connection and influence... it would take months. Its not as easy as you think it is and this is the problem. 

You're also acting like it isn't the same exam that you already know the answers to lol, all of these are just poor excuses sorry to say.

Edited by Jola
Just now, Jola said:

That's also wrong, and it proves the whole point of why LEO rpers should invest in illegal alts, if you're made (I'll use my faction for example) It literally takes 7/12 months to get back into that position after you CK, so think about the other positions it would take even more time. This goes for most factions, even gangs to an extent you can get jumped in easily but to build back your reputation takes months. Its not as easy as you think it is and this is the problem. 

You're also acting like it isn't the same exam that you already know the answers to lol, all of these are just poor excuses sorry to say.

Yes. Everyone who says the LEo's work harder then illegal factions need to stop that right now. It's an invalid argument that is being made off of ignorance. Illegal factions work very hard. They have to go and create RP that you as LEO's get called down to interact with. They have to make businesses and set up systems and they have discords just like you and blah blah blah. I can keep going on and on but that's not the topic here. Bottom line is stop trying to say the LEO's OOC involvement is any more valid then a criminal characters. It's rude and needs to stop.

• Upvote 1

Isn't it the same rudeness that you call pd members out as cops and robbers players? Cause essentially that's what is happening right now. 

It's always people blurting out issues but not showing examples that they have experienced. How can we combat something without the whole story? 

That's like saying that someone murdered someone and only that statement will get them arrested. No.. Tell us what you have seen. 

6 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

Sorry buddy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Look into how long it takes to become an actual member of any of the big illegal factions. Hint: much, much longer than PD.

Sorry buddy I've roleplayed illegal over half a decade on several different platforms on heavy roleplay servers, on average it takes 1-2 months if you're competent, 3 months pushing it if you're lacking to join a faction. Comparing everything before joining + Field training I'd say the time range matches.

I understand it may seem LEO roleplayers have it waaaaaay too easy, but the solution isn't to make things harsher for everyone else, personally the criminal point thing really limits illegal roleplayers.

Edited by bonk
  • Syrike locked this topic
  • Syrike unlocked this topic