Problem with PD alts

DirtNasty

At the current time in server there is an overwhelming amount of law enforcement alts. I understand not everyone wants to play a cop for an extended amount of time and that the server needs police. But I feel like a balance need to be made, currently over half the police force aren't real characters. They have no flaws or weaknesses, no life outside of the PD to be mindful of. These characters in term don't show any real fear to any situation they encounter. It is common place within the PD to have people CK, and start a new character already in the PD with the approval of their higher ups. (I've seen it happen first hand) It is also common place to have a officer pick and chose when they want to CK in a situation where they would of otherwise forced the other party to, or even to hold off on CK's until they decide they want to seek more serious charges. (Not going to name any names, but you know who you are)

I would like to see these characters and their players be held to the same standards of the rest of the community. Fear should be a massive part of every interaction they have. They should value the life of their character as much as anyone else they interact with, and be apart of the community their effecting. 

Now I know plenty of cops are going to come reply to this, trying to defend themselves with examples of all the great RP they had. Don't. If you don't feel like what I'm saying here applies to you as a cop, then thank you very much for your RP and please keep doing what you're doing. I know there is awesome PD and SD characters, I also know there is some not so great people who treat their time on duty like a time to cut loose, get into some cop chases, and shoot at people and would just like to remind them that they are playing characters on a roleplay server and need to be held to the same standards as everyone else.

• Upvote 8
Just now, Declan said:

Too many PD/SD alts? Only command staff and executive staff/staff have alternative characters. 

I think he means that a lot of PD characters are alt characters of players. They aren't the main focus of the player, and as such, aren't as high quality as their other characters.

Correct me if I'm incorrect though.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DirtNasty said:

That's not the case. Any character in PD/SD is allowed to have an alt that isn't in the PD/SD

I thought you meant in the faction, sorry. Surely alts should be encouraged? This gives them the ability to grasp illegal roleplay and become better LEO roleplayers in return.

• Upvote 2

Please read man. The characters they're bringing to the PD are NOT real characters. They're simply PD alts that they choose to CK off when ever, and just name change into the same PD position. This is somthing that should NOT be encouraged. We should be encouraged to make long lasting depth and development in storylines together as a community. Not having a small portion of them roaming around on alts wthout fear or depth pulling triggers and flashing sirens.

Edited by DirtNasty
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, HyDru said:

I think he means that a lot of PD characters are alt characters of players. They aren't the main focus of the player, and as such, aren't as high quality as their other characters.

Correct me if I'm incorrect though.

This is everything I'm saying, short and sweet.

I think alts in general are an issue then. You can say that if you feel like what you said doesn't apply for you then don't reply, but you are generalizing all the players in the PD. And from what I've come to know in my experience is that the PD is helt to a higher standard then others in the community as most RPers do come across their roleplay. PD isn't just about shootouts and pursuits, and you always have cowboys in a department who crack their knuckles at the beginning of a shift and are ready to rumble whereas others rather do something else then roll over the street with another person and fighting them. 

What I'd like to know is where this is coming from, what happened between you and the Pd? -> I'm curious 

• Upvote 1
Just now, DirtNasty said:

Please read man. The characters they're bringing to the PD are NOT real characters. They're simply PD alts that they choose to CK off when ever, and just name change into the same PD position. This is somthing that should NOT be encouraged. We should be encouraged to make long lasting depth and development in storylines together as a community. Not having a small portion of them roaming around on alts wthout fear or depth pulling triggers and flashing sirens.

People work months for their positions in LEO factions. Why should their CK result in a complete removal from the faction?

• Syrike locked this topic
  • Syrike unlocked this topic