Multiple /examines associated to different outfits

Sixth

Just now, MartosG said:

What's even the point of this, /examine is used for physical description of the body's attributes, such as weight, height, scars etc. This suggestion is completely useless in my opinion.

There are things you cant describe about yourself using just the script. /examine helps with that, a ton of people use /examine to further describe their character and how they look beyond what the script provides.

Just now, Sixth said:

There are things you cant describe about yourself using just the script. /examine helps with that, a ton of people use /examine to further describe their character and how they look beyond what the script provides.

That's very obvious. My question is how does this change relative to the clothes you are wearing, what is the point of having a different /examine for every outfit. Seems very impractical.

i fully support this. 

a lot of ppl seem to fail to realize that gangs and mc's frequently use /examine to display their affiliations.

i've had some check my character's patches even when he had no vest on, and others who'd somehow see my tattoos when I had them completely hidden.

plus i agree BINGBONGGHOST's thing about describing how clothes from certain outfits look. i don't know about you but i don't wanna hit /do everytime someone walks into my range just so i can tell them that my shirt has a big fat stinky fart on it or something like that.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:10 AM, eTaylor said:

I disagree, that's not what /examine is suppose to be used for at all. I don't use /examine to see what somebody is wearing, I look at their clothes. Something I find far more immersive than reading a bad description like I'm suppose to impose a unique appearance on a SAMP ped skin.

You know, I use attributes to specify what I am wearing on my kutte for example cause I am tired of people asking what is there everytime I walk into a bar. But what I type there stays there, so even I don't wear the kutte, people still can see whats on it.

Besides, height, weight...has to be measured, you cannot just say how tall is this or that person, you can only guess.

Then scars are not visible if covered by clothes. If you are dressed up and people run examine, they won't see the badass scar on your back. But they can see piercing on your eyebrow or in your nose, or they can see stickers of punk bands on your kutte and don't jump into useless conclusions that you are a biker from another club.

Edited by Engelbert

Whilst I agree and disagree with some aspects of this, until 1.1 comes I don't think theirs a way of roleplay everything being on your current outfit and so I'm happy to support this if it isn't too hard to implement. Whilst someone could wear the exact same outfit as mine, one could be more worn that the other and so it's a small yet important detail in certain roleplay situations.

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

You know, I use attributes to specify what I am wearing on my kutte for example cause I am tired of people asking what is there everytime I walk into a bar. But what I type there stays there, so even I don't wear the kutte, people still can see whats on it.

Besides, height, weight...has to be measured, you cannot just say how tall is this or that person, you can only guess.

Then scars are not visible if covered by clothes. If you are dressed up and people run examine, they won't see the badass scar on your back. But they can see piercing on your eyebrow or in your nose, or they can see stickers of punk bands on your kutte and don't jump into useless conclusions that you are a biker from another club.

That’s something you should convey through your roleplay, nobody wants to read a whole autobiography of every character they meet. It’s impractical. If this is really so troublesome for you you could easily set up multiple descriptions yourself, but honestly most if not all of the things you mentioned are in my opinion solved by a simple /ame.

• Upvote 1
Just now, eTaylor said:

That’s something you should convey through your roleplay, nobody wants to read a whole autobiography of every character they meet. It’s impractical. If this is really so troublesome for you you could easily set up multiple descriptions yourself, but honestly most if not all of the things you mentioned are in my opinion solved by a simple /ame.

Biography shouldn't even be there lol. I only have the kutte thing there and piercings really.

• mj2002 locked this topic