When did you have the most fun in GTA:W?

When I initially joined and met a random player working the Morningwood 24/7. Our interactions were brief, but memorable. Eventually, our characters got into a dispute and then they became friends.

I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not staying in touch, but the roleplay with this person was absolutely stellar and it's undeniably what made me stick with the server as a first impression. They were, without a doubt, one of the most enjoyable players I've interacted with, if not the most enjoyable. The most striking thing about them was their writing style. It, for me, struck the perfect balance between flowery and punctual, and they were extremely creative and the roleplay with them never had me bored or hoping it'd end quicker. We didn't talk a lot OOC, either.

We'd both just roleplay and we did everything ingame. It was an amazing, organic experience.

• Upvote 1

For me personally, it was around 3 months ago. When I first joined the server. I roleplayed as a worker inside Davis LTD and one day, this guy who we will call D along with 2 other people tried mugging me. Cops came, and they ran off. I told their big homie, who I was good friends with in RP, and they beat him up. A couple days later, I see him back at the gas station, this time he was bruised up bad and still was recovering from the injuries. My character had empathy, and made it up with D. Soon enough, him and D did lots of business together. I would always buy drugs from D, and he would invite me over to his house a lot to play poker and what not. We went from enemies to friends in RP, and although I lost touch with him after a month OOC. I don’t regret any moment of that rp.

• Upvote 1

I didn't really have any fun yet since I started roleplaying here a week ago or so. Just when I started to have fun after joining a faction as an outsider, I got arrested and faced 3 days in prison, figured I'd have a better chance if I pleaded not guilty, well shit I wish I'd have plead guilty now.  It's been almost 4 days and my court thing is not even posted. All I did was trying to break into a goddamn car lol. Now I can't even play let alone have fun, because prison is mostly dead.

Edit: Before anyone comes at me with "BuT oH u CaN sTilL hAvE FuN in PriSoN Don'T Do tHe CrImE iF u Can'T dO tHe TimE" bullshit, I roleplayed in LS-RP's prison for more than a year and I'm a big fan of prison rp, but this server needs to work on that. And I have no issues with lenghty sentences, but DA's should really speed up  their court stuff.

Edited by Fibberic
56 minutes ago, Fibberic said:

I didn't really have any fun yet since I started roleplaying here a week ago or so. Just when I started to have fun after joining a faction as an outsider, I got arrested and faced 3 days in prison, figured I'd have a better chance if I pleaded not guilty, well shit I wish I'd have plead guilty now.  It's been almost 4 days and my court thing is not even posted. All I did was trying to break into a goddamn car lol. Now I can't even play let alone have fun, because prison is mostly dead.

Edit: Before anyone comes at me with "BuT oH u CaN sTilL hAvE FuN in PriSoN Don'T Do tHe CrImE iF u Can'T dO tHe TimE" bullshit, I roleplayed in LS-RP's prison for more than a year and I'm a big fan of prison rp, but this server needs to work on that. And I have no issues with lenghty sentences, but DA's should really speed up  their court stuff.

Sorry to hear this, they’re working on improvements to make the process better.

58 minutes ago, Fibberic said:

In fact I am surprised that there is no DOC / rules that enforce you to be active and serve your prison time. As for the court part, it is the OOC price to pay if you want your character to be clean, more or less a 3-5 days of being unable to roleplay.

4 hours ago, Fibberic said:

My recommendation is usually to create a second character with a different dynamic to them, such as a law abiding office worker, or a fisherman/tugboat captain. If something happens to your first, the second swoops in from vacation.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:28 AM, Fibberic said:

We have one of the only active and working Justice Systems in any RP server. That being said, sometimes the system takes a little bit of time. Sometimes the system doesn't work the way it should. As far as you spending a long time waiting for trial to be over, that's partially a failure of the system and partially a result of you being new to the server. 

Not guilty will likely always be the longer path to take. We are working on several comprehensive ways to fix that issue. That being said, we offer the ability for those involved in non violent felony crimes to go for bail, especially since it's your first offense. If you or your lawyer didn't push for bail, that's something you should definitely keep in mind for next time. 

We also offer a no contest plea. This allows you to serve your time and then appeal the charges within 30 days to have your issue addressed. If you are found not guilty, your record will be changed to reflect that, regardless of the time you've spent in jail. It's always nice to have a clean record. 

Once again, we are actively working to make the judicial experience a more positive environment on this server. We're looking to vastly expand bail, probation and parole. We're also looking to change how we handle pre-trial and the trial system as a whole. So sit tight and try to find something to enjoy in this vast community. I can't speak about the jail RP as that's not my area of responsibility. 

• 2 months later...