Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ears Up said:

Yeah I agree with this shit, as someone who's in the process of starting a fac in South LS, it gets pretty irritating having to sit and wait for a house to be admin-sold, even more frustrating when you've gotta beat a bunch of mallrats who aren't even gonna roleplay there to the house.

They should start utilizing the houses and apartments on the West/North side of the city and leave South LS to those who are roleplaying poor characters. Nothing kills immersion for ghetto rpers than seeing a white dude come out of his house wearing a suit, jumping into his sports car and speeding through the ghetto.

Lol, this. I keep seeing houses in the hood with a couple of expensive sports cars outside and then a fast and furious look alike crew come sprinting out the house, into the neon filled sports cars and just start zooming around the neighbourhood ?

• Applaud 1
10 hours ago, orangejuice said:

Lol, this. I keep seeing houses in the hood with a couple of expensive sports cars outside and then a fast and furious look alike crew come sprinting out the house, into the neon filled sports cars and just start zooming around the neighbourhood ?

Did you report these people?

57 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

I’m not sure it’s an actual rule break, just an immersion killer

Under Section 1.5 has been clarified for this:

Consider how realistic it is for your character to live in certain areas. We want to promote neighborhood roleplay. The following are examples of poor portrayal, and if you do not have appropriate development or reason to live in a specific area, then you may become subject to losing your property:

• Your character being fairly wealthy, drives sports cars, hangs out in upper-class areas, but chooses to live in lower income areas like South LS (Davis, Strawberry, Chamberlain, Rancho, El Burro). (Failure to adhere to this rule will result in asset seizure and a discussion in regards to your character's background and how to go forwards)

Got beat to it by @mj2002 ?

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt
4 hours ago, PapaDoc said:

So how come they don’t rent out most of the homes in South LS? ? 

The average place is rented to 1-3 people. Thus, most places are already rented out to other players. As a former landlord in South-Central Davis? I can confirm that it's the case for most residencies in the area.

14 hours ago, DLimit said:

The average place is rented to 1-3 people. Thus, most places are already rented out to other players. As a former landlord in South-Central Davis? I can confirm that it's the case for most residencies in the area.

I’ve heard of most ppl who actually rp in the area being homeless or living at a motel. I could be wrong but one of the players I personally know that roleplays in chamberlain does not have a rented house near his character’s home location.