BUYING ANY BUSINESS - Enforce stricter realism on ads

I somewhat disagree. As someone who invests in businesses IRL, I’ve purchased businesses in industries that I had 0 skills in, with the goal of fixing up and flipping the business. It’s all about retaining the proper staff that DO know the business. 

Likewise I have a friend who bought a business without having the required skills, and he learned as he went along and now it’s a successful business that’s split off into multiple franchises. 

It should be up to the person selling the business to decide if the buyer is the right person. Not an OOC rule. If someone buys a business they have no understanding of, let them fail and learn a lesson. 

Edited by Fergie

I agree about businesses and houses but, not vehicles.

Why? Cuz of the few dealerships? Come on. If I've just sold my vehicle, and I have a few vehicles in mind that might be a replacement, but I'm up for other offers, my ad will literally be, "Buying any vehicle send me offer"

I get that, in real life it makes sense. On GTAW nobody would ever really “fail” at owning a business, and very few players buy them to improve and flip them. 

I think the suggestion leans more toward hindering people from buying a business just for the sake of owning a business, and instead encouraging an RP-based desire to own a specific type of business that makes sense for the character. 

And I could be wrong, but nobody on GTAW that can potentially make hundreds of thousands in profit from selling their business is going to take the time to decide if the buyer is a good fit. Which isn’t inherently bad, I suppose, but it’s just not how things work. 

Edited by Katja
  • 2 weeks later...