Lower the price of some vehicles.

BigSmileLing

9 hours ago, Rayne said:

In all seriousness though, I wish they'd establish a vehicle pricing team with people who actually know things about cars and price them accordingly. It's a complete mess.

This would be the ideal outcome. One team that decides how vehicle prices are adjusted, how vehicles are implemented with a gmae update, what civilian mods come.

But few admins would want to do this and I doubt they'd trust players to manage the team.

18 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This would be the ideal outcome. One team that decides how vehicle prices are adjusted, how vehicles are implemented with a gmae update, what civilian mods come.

But few admins would want to do this and I doubt they'd trust players to manage the team.

I mean it can always have oversight from the RP quality management team or similar. A list will be established with reasoning behind it and it can have a final look over before actually being released. Always have a system of checks and balances but at least have the prices FIRST determined by people who have real life experience in the car scene, etc. 

Edited by Rayne

@Keane@lambchops

Can we get some sort of acknowledgement from RP quality? The vast majority of the suggestions get some sort of staff acknowledgement, but something as big as this just gets left behind for months. What is staff's standpoint on this?

Not one community member who commented here said it's not an issue, so obviously, we're onto something here that effects the server's economy as a whole; people can buy fast, modern cars for cheap where-as more normal, mid-class vehicles are more expensive. Where's the logic here?

9 minutes ago, Lemon said:

@Keane@lambchops

Can we get some sort of acknowledgement from RP quality? The vast majority of the suggestions get some sort of staff acknowledgement, but something as big as this just gets left behind for months. What is staff's standpoint on this?

Not one community member who commented here said it's not an issue, so obviously, we're onto something here that effects the server's economy as a whole; people can buy fast, modern cars for cheap where-as more normal, mid-class vehicles are more expensive. Where's the logic here?

This isn't the opinion of the staff team as a whole, but it's my opinion as an individual.

I've always been for a full vehicle price revamp personally but I've never got the approval for it. It's something that's desperately needed. We need to stop catering for the players that just want to hoard as much money and cars as possible and start making things easier for those that actually provide good RP. This change would piss off those players because their vehicles would suddenly cost less and they'll miss out on some money.

Edited by Keane
13 minutes ago, Keane said:

This isn't the opinion of the staff team as a whole, but it's my opinion as an individual.

I've always been for a full vehicle price revamp personally but I've never got the approval for it. It's something that's desperately needed. We need to stop catering for the players that just want to hoard as much money and cars as possible and start making things easier for those that actually provide good RP. This change would piss off those players because their vehicles would suddenly cost less and they'll miss out on some money.

If there's any potential of this happening everyone will just sell up before the changes take place. Economy plays a HUGE part of roleplay servers, and whilst this is a roleplay server I disagree that just because someone provides good RP they deserve access to assets which (currently) take time to save up and afford. Making money and getting better assets is part of the grind that keeps people fuelled and returning to the server on a daily basis in order to achieve something. 

If anything like this actually happens it needs to be thoroughly discussed so all angles are covered.

Edited by Fuzzy

The only solution I can come up with is pick out a few trusted community members which have a strong opinion of this matter, along with RP quality, and discuss the price changes behind closed doors. Implement it without warning. That way, people can't sell their vehicle for 100k where tomorrow it'll cost 30k (just an example) and make mad profit.

People are going to lose money, people are going to get mad, but that's just an L we'll have to take. I'd rather lose some money than being able to buy an Audi R8 over a station wagon that costs over half a milion dollars. It just makes zero sense.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, BigSmileLing said:

They won't give you a proper reason.

Fast? No, 113mph

Good looking? Yes a little bit, but it doesn't look the same as the Coquette or the Lynx, or the Komoda

Handling? Are you kidding me?

Komoda is faster than penumbra

Komoda looks better

Komoda's handling is better

They have put the price because of its acceleration because it's AWD, but its top speed is laughable, its handling too, and perhaps because they don't want everyone to drive Paul's car, it's stupid, but it's one of the possible reasons, because the price is ridiculous.

And yeah, contender, I forgot it, another example of a price set at random, is it fast? Looks good? I don't think so.

Maybe u can't drive because its actually pretty quick

It's not OP but it moves alright. 200K+ is a joke though, I'd be okay with like 130

And in general car prices are retarded. Want a Mazda MX-5? (Literally a 5-10k car irl) ok pay 100

Edited by Screw
1 minute ago, tomatoz said:

Well, the GTAWorld economy isn't really the best, so staff has to try their best to keep everything balanced. Although, I still don't agree with many vehicle prices. 

I disagree.

Many of the prices have been the same since launch day. There was no economy then. There may have been assumptions and suggestions at where the economy would go, but alas the economy was not set in stone. However the prices of vehicles from day 1 definitely helped to cement the economy for the worse. Grinders spending all day to afford the cars (because houses were not yet in limited supply), fishing or mining. Then as time progressed there became other 'get rich quick' methods. Mechanics, dealerships, etc. 

All because of the poor, poor prices set up from the servers birth. The one thing EVERYONE wanted or needed. A vehicle.

• mj2002 locked this topic