Section 8 Housing

Sixth

Short description: Allow people in low-income areas(ghettos) apply for Section-8 housing.

Detailed description: Players could apply for section 8 housing, this will benefit both the renter and the tenant. The renter would pay a lower then normal price, and the government would foot the rest of the bill. There should be a maximum rent price for the renter. Example: The owner of the house sets up for Section 8 housing, they set their rent for 2500 a week. The government would pay the 2000 a week for it and the tenant would pay the remaining 500 for rent. Taxes would obviously have to go up to provide for this type of role-play.

Commands to add: I'm not too knowledgeable on this part, the owner would sent a rent price and everything could be taken care of ICly. The tenant would have to apply for Section 8 through the government.

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Players role-playing in low income areas have access to houses to be able to role play with. The owners of the houses can have fun dealing with people that rent in the 'hood. (Not paying bills, destroying the house, etc.)

Additional information:

This is something you should suggest / deal with ICly, not via a Rule Suggestion. 

I know the Government had a project for something like this, however it never went far. With the current Government reform, I'm sure we will see something just like this soon enough.

To be fair, as someone not involved with government or politics, it'd be very hard to make your suggestion heard and voice known ICly. That aside, I think this is a neat suggestion- it encourages RP on multiple fronts, and even potentially engages the landlord. 

This just sounds like a way for people to not have to pay full rent. You make more than enough from the starter paychecks to rent a decent place. Just RP being in section 8. 

I can see it now - people renting section 8 apartments that look trash on the outside, but the inside looks like a Vinewood mansion. 

It's a good idea! Definitely. The former Director of Public Social Services thought the exact same thing and created the "Affordable Housing Initiative" 
Sadly it hasn't come to be realized yet. 

With the current reform going on things have been put on hold, but- There are several projects in the works. 

• The completion of the Affordable Housing Initiative. 
  • A government run community center that will cover a lot of ground.
  • A foster care program.

There are more things that we wish to realize in the long run, and they will hopefully soon become more visible to everyone. 

@Doosty As for getting heard IC when it comes to these kind of things.- We wish to make this also easier and more accessible for the department. However, the Government does have a website where you can reach out!

@Fergie It's true that it would mean people would pay less rent. However, the upside is that a lot of people will get roleplay. There is a selection process, applications will be reviewed, and a lot of a parties are involved even after acceptance into the program. It could facilitate a lot of enjoyment and character development for a lot of people!

• Thanks 1

I think this could be a great thing if all parties involved can keep up with the RP. It would be cool to see this government initiative extended into county for the people who RP as low-income up there as well, if possible. 

The housing units would obviously have to be stock interiors or pre-mapped and unable to be changed by tenants in order to keep them realistic. This suggestion could create great, long-lasting RP for civilians and the government alike. Support!

Just now, Katja said:

I think this could be a great thing if all parties involved can keep up with the RP. It would be cool to see this government initiative extended into county for the people who RP as low-income up there as well, if possible. 

The housing units would obviously have to be stock interiors or pre-mapped and unable to be changed by tenants in order to keep them realistic. This suggestion could create great, long-lasting RP for civilians and the government alike. Support!

Why wouldn’t you be able to furnish your own home?

• mj2002 locked this topic