Let us chop cars without mechanics

Shekh

Just now, Mer Noire said:

As eTaylor mentioned, a car theft ring is part of a later organised crime and it is literally impossible to operate an entire car theft ring as an one man army. Not only you will need to have the whole city linked, but you wouldn't be able to conduct business on your own because bigger crime groups would eat you alive. I think the lack of roleplay fear coming from certain players will also represent a huge impediment.

Preemptively excluding people from operating this type of business outside of a faction just seems greedy. If people can pull it off without breaking the rules, you should let them try this. If you want to muscle in on a scrapyard, then do the work for it.

I personally believe that you don't need a faction, but if you want something on larger scale, you'd need more people. Towing is one option, even if dreaded by oh so many, cause usually not even done right. Like I was following a towtruck towning a Caracara across the whole town today, all done with but one guy, who did the driving and hooking the tow and everything. That's not really realistic, given usually if you tow cars, least two people are present there, but that's okay. My point is...majority of people drive high-end cars ie not 60s/70s top selling sedans, but usually something with central lock, alarm and antitheft systems. Which means breaking into cars is not the same as before and hotwiring became impossible lately. Which is why you should invest into a small group of people where everyone knows their job, if you wanna make profit.

I fully agree with regular people being able to chop without being in a faction. It makes no sense to limit a type of a business to only certain groups of people because not only does it lead to bias and unfairness but it also limits/kills RP. 

I feel as if suggestion is on the right path but a bit wrong. Mechanics being able to chop isn't the problem. The problem are the lack of garages willing to do it.

I'd say a good course of action would be either giving chances to illegal garages to show up or creating a new business type - scrapyard. Scrapyard would scrap old cars for higher percentage than /vscrap and it would require mechanics who'd have access to chop cars command. 

The problem is to figure out what you get as a player when you chop a car. One option is straight up money i.e 20% of vehicle value + 15 - 20% of aftermarket parts. The car itself gets despawned and is considered "PKed" to the people who did the scrapping. 

Other option would be to get items in return such as carparts. But then there would need to be a way to sell those carparts or turn them into other items. Maybe if you have carparts you can do modifications for free or you can sell those carparts to mechanics but there'd have to be a way for mechanics to consider that instead of trucker components.

Because it really doesn't make sense to scrap a car take it's turbo and make a lockpick out of that turbo yet that's how it works right now. 

Edited by Evolution
On 8/13/2020 at 4:10 PM, Zealot said:

With this I'd also like to suggest that tow trucks should only be used by actual mechanics or the PD instead of almost every criminal.
I don't think it's realistic that they can just tow any car that's on their list from any club or bar with barely any risk.

As of now you can just buy a truck, tow a car somewhere safe to break into it.
Which makes the Alarm System, Locks and Anti-Theft irrelevant.

At this point I don't even understand why I buy those upgrades when they can get bypassed so damn easily.

But a BIG +1 for the scrapyard script. 

This.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic