Let us chop cars without mechanics

Shekh

Short description:  Let us chop cars without needing mechanics at their garages, let us do it in regular garages if we get admin perms and rp it correctly, and then the admin chops the car for u.

Detailed description: If you steal a car, you should be able to take it to a regular garage and then roleplay disassembling the car. This could be a supplier or applied for to limit abuse. (If this is added as supplier, it should not follow the 1 supplier limit factions have)

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Mechanics are 90% of the time strict legal rpers and will refuse to chop cars, it's hard for the average car theft rper to profit from car theft, especially compared to the risk of stealing a car and being caught due to the alarm/someone seeing, the usually expensive asf lockpicks that are like 1k each in most stores that sell them, when you add all this together it's not fair that you need to scope out some mechanic who chops cars, basically rely on them being online all the time, and (usually) pay them ontop of that to chop the car for you. This essentially results in little to no noticeable profit for the person who took ALL of the risk. Mechanics already make a crazy amount of money we as illegal rpers should not have to rely on them for this, and most of them don't chop cars anyways so we have to go on some goose chase to find a mechanic that is active and chops cars willingly. If your characters development makes sense for them to chop a car, and an admin views the rp and deams it good, and you own a regular garage (like a faction garage or a business/warehouse garage) , then I see no reason you shouldn't be able to chop the car yourself. This could be applying/supplier based.
Additional information:   Helpful change for illegal rpers, specifically those that RP car theft. Risk vs Reward is way out of balance currently and this would change that.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 7
2 hours ago, Conway said:

I think a junkyard script to replace mechanic garages chopping cars would be better tbh

Agreed. This shouldn't be something everyone can do on their own. Scrapyard work should be split off from mechanic garages entirely and be turned into their own script.

Initial suggestion is denied for obvious reason - the goal is indeed not to use legal garages, but garages which are just here to have shady operations. You have to make your contacts.

I'll think about splitting the two though, and i'm happy to collect the feedback.

Just now, Nervous said:

I'll think about splitting the two though, and i'm happy to collect the feedback.

I think splitting the two and allowing both legal garages and illegal chop shops would be ideal for the server. A while back I actually submitted a proposal to PM to create a garage ONLY to chop cars, but it wasn't approved.

By allowing chop-only garages, it would boost petty illegal RP, which we have a massive lack of at this point in time. People could RP petty car thieves and rather than chopping the car for parts themselves, they could go and sell the cars to the chop shops for quick cash. It would help with low-income RP, drug RP (being able to steal cars to pay for your drug addiction), etc.

It only makes all the sense in the world because right now, chopping is literally only available to garages. Making them an easy target to law enforcement. If we are going to only make it available to garages, there should definitely be some sort've scrap yard for groups that don't want to actual own a garage. That way there is some diversity, and there's not a one way street with the script.

With this I'd also like to suggest that tow trucks should only be used by actual mechanics or the PD instead of almost every criminal.
I don't think it's realistic that they can just tow any car that's on their list from any club or bar with barely any risk.

Last time I saw a random tow truck towing a Massacro just next to the PD around 11am Server time.
It wasn't parked in the red zone or anything, with a PD cruiser just down the road facing it.

As of now you can just buy a truck, tow a car somewhere safe to break into it.
Which makes the Alarm System, Locks and Anti-Theft irrelevant.

At this point I don't even understand why I buy those upgrades when they can get bypassed so damn easily.

But a BIG +1 for the scrapyard script. 

• mj2002 locked this topic