Ideas on fighting PVP.

Legate

Script fighting looks retarded. Rping fights are pretty hairy if both players think their characters would win.

Does anyone have an ideas on how to standardize fighting rp so that it is fair and not an argument?

edit: I'm asking you fucks for ideas on how we could make this better with what we have.

Edited by Captain

Desync fighting makes me want to tear my hair out. Can't stand having to watch people run around in circles like a jousting tournament to get one hit in.

You also have to be realistic about it when RP fighting. Don't expect to totally dodge a sneak attack punch like a ninja. In a fight, you're going to be hit in the face, it's going to hurt/disorient you. 

Me personally, I judge RP fighting based on the way my opponent would type it, I'd treat a simple "/me punches ---" as a simple jab to the face, but something like "/me clenches his fist and attempts swing at ----'s jaw" would be treated as a serious blow. Based on that, if my opponent looks like he's dealing some serious damage to me i'd let him become victorious in that brawl.

Regardless though, no one is superman, and no one is Conor Mcgregor. Everyone has to be fair about it.

(And god this desync SUCKS)

28 minutes ago, Keta said:

Put who would realistically win aside and /roll to see who comes out on top, luck is better than bickering or lagging around till somebody drops. Thats how the MMA RP used to work.

By that logic, a 12 year old would have the same odds as an 18 year old in a fight when, the fact is, the odds aren't always in your favour; the 18 year old has a significant advantage over a 12 year old, like somebody who is trained to fight would have over someone who isn't. I'm not a fan of dice rolling outcomes because it completely ignores factors that should be considered and leaves it to chance.

Honestly, the only way that I see it working SOMEWHAT fairly is using the roll system when RPing it out, but that's a whoooooole load of effort stiil.

I was introduced to this system via a pool game. This is how it works:

You pick a number 1 - 10. This is your "skill" level. Even if your character isn't particularly skilled at fighting, experience counts too.  1 would be like a new born baby, and 10 is like Ali levels. So base it around that.

From then you /roll 1 10. From there, whatever you get from your roll you then add onto your experience/skill level. If the total is 10 or above, the action goes through.

Example:

John pulls their right hand back and jabs it towards Steven's face.

/roll 1 10 = 5. Skill level is 4. So 5 + 4 = 9 which means it's a miss.

Steven slaps the jab away before it reaches his face. He'd then do something back in return.

You'd have to set a maximum amount of actions taken before the person who inflicts the most damage wins? Something like that. Of course this would be based on how reasonable people can be without playing to win and saying their skill level is 7-9 because "I'VE HAD SO MANY FIGHTS."

I mean this way is very D&Dish/RPGish but in terms of keeping it fair, leaving it up to lady luck seems the best way to go.

• Thanks 1

The only thing that can “fix” this without pissing people off is sync being fixed with rage which is hopefully soon. What are you gonna do, ban script fights? That would be boring as fuck and nobody would want that.

Most people are reasonable and will rp fight if u ask from my experience. The only thing left to do that keeps everyone happy is waiting for sync and bearing with the bad fighting for now.

Edited by Shekh