Remove the notification "... has equipped a weapon"

Tsarna

I've really wanted this removed for a longer time. Seeing an equip of a weapon through OOC means (the automatic /ame) has gotten me robbed before. It's also gotten my vehicle stopped, at which point I've had to clarify in /b that I was not ICly equipping myself with a firearm, if I for example, just logged on and wanted to have perhaps a pistol equipped. 

I can see how PD can be skeptical to that excuse in /b, and thus still continuing the traffic stop situation, which creates bad situations between players. 

It should just be removed.

After seeing the pro and con of this, I support the idea.
But nonetheless, yes I get that everyone on the server don't wanna be caught lacking with each other mental winning attitude,
hence thats why we've always equipped weapons straight after we log on to the server including myself.

but to avoid the possibility of  non realistic RP (ex: pulling out a Matthäus Hetzenauer sniper rifle from your waistband )
there's always a /me and a player report section for that.

and to avoid MG because an /ame has equipped a weapon pop up above someone's head IG?
That's a bit hard for this example if an OOC player playing an IC PD officer seen the /ame at a traffic light, we won't know for sure if the person playing stopped the individual because of off IC reason or based purely of what the OOC player had seen and went straight to search for any contraband on the individual.

Edited by TOrtiz
On 8/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, Memozzy said:

Just a note. What I was referring to was this. 

No doubt. After all this time I find out now that when I got stopped by Andrew for "speeding" and everything was fine until he said you are detained and demanded to frisk me just to find my weapon because I equipped it 5 mins prior to the situation when they were passing on the street (Not to mention that he changed from "speeding" to "reckless driving" out of the blues after saying that I am detained). I had problems then and still have problems from that situation that happened after 3+months. So, I support this. 

Edited by ScottieP
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • 2 months later...