New Content Brainstorm

afrosamurai

Hey everyone,

Reason for creating this sub-thread: 

As much as I enjoy passive text RP, sometimes it just feels draining. I wish there were a bit more scripted stuff for mini-games like pool and bowling ball. With that said, I can't blame civilians for just going to bars and clubs because there is only so many things you can do. 

Yes at the end of the day you can just RP and type it out but that gets stale. If we wanted to just write out everything without some script support we might as well go to one of those text RP forums. At the same time? I think this is just a limitation of GTA W and if you feel that the RP is getting stale? Just take a break. 

More so I feel like there's only so much illegal content available. Passive RP helps fill the gaps between but after doing that for so long you tend to get burned out. I've been mulling on what I said and I was wondering, what sort of content loops or "game-play loops" would you guys, the community, like to see?  

A friend linked a video of a scripted pool game and I thought this was absolutely mind blowing. Unfortunately it is on ALT V so I'm not even sure if it'd be possible on RAGE but it makes the mind wonder what possibilities there are?

edit: "was misinformed btw
apparently the pool table thing is from a polish rage-mp server
"

Pool Video Example: https://streamable.com/u3bwg1

Edited by changooman

basketball, pool, dominos, checkers, uno. (dominos checkers and uno probably being easier to implement)

the current minigames like blackjack and the upcoming roulette are gambling and usually not something teens or street gangs, or even the average civ will be rping, so non-gambling minigames should also be looked into.

something like the tennis from gta:o or street crimes in arcades would be cool.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 1

I think the way Nervous set up the browser pop ups that you can close with F4, there are plenty of solo minigames that could technically be added as of now. 

A virtual piano (much like the boom box with admin permission, if required). Being playable via a browser that opens and closes via F4 like guides. It’d be cool to roleplay a pianist for events and get paid on the performance which requires effort.

As mentioned above, could also implement the arcade minigames, accessible via a browser pop up to the Pac-Man/Space Invaders minigame when pressing Y at the arcade object. 

14 hours ago, Law said:

A virtual piano (much like the boom box with admin permission, if required). Being playable via a browser that opens and closes via F4 like guides. It’d be cool to roleplay a pianist for events and get paid on the performance which requires effort.

As a person who has a MIDI keyboard, if that could be hooked up, this'd be cool.

Would like to see pool, chess & checkers, mohjang (maybe), piano, etc

3 minutes ago, joaoivis said:

I want Tennis, Golf and Basketball and I want it right now.

Yes, the 3 of these will maybe take 1 year of full time development each to do.

Please, I love brainstorming, but don't spam unrealistic requests or this thread will be useful. I would like to find actual good ideas, if someone shares 1 idea don't spam it over and over we can read the first message.

Tennis, golf, and any other native minigames are almost impossible task to make hence why almost no one succeeded and the ones who did spent months doing only that.

I would also like to see innovative ideas, the simple "more minigames, more UIs, etc" which are obvious additions we would also love to do with time aren't really needed, what we need are things we don't necessarely think of as developers and that you would like to see added as players. It could be for example weapon durability with a way to fix them (just an example).