Player Kill Question

Lucie

Hi! I'm making this question regarding PK. Imagine this scenario: Player A kills player B in front of player C and D. After the scene, do player B, C and D still know each other, but just forgetting the murdering scene? Can Player A and B roleplay again, as if they were strangers? What about other members of A's faction, do B know them or is dead for them too?

So let me break your question down bit by bit!

• After the scene, do player B, C and D still know each other, but just forgetting the murdering scene? You're partly correct here - the only one that forgets the murder scene is Player B as he was PK'd - however they forget who was murdered.
  • Can Player A and B roleplay again, as if they were strangers? Yes they can!
  • What about other members of A's faction, do B know them or is dead for them too? Once Player A kills Player B, their interaction before the Murder is forgotten. This means they must roleplay as they don't know each other and restart their knowledge of each other.

Hope this helps and anymore questions from this I can try and clear them up for you.

Edited by Connor
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Paranoid Cobra said:

@Connor Let's say that my friend Jimmy gets shot and his pistol is seized by the police, he PK's from the scene. Can his own pistol, which he dropped upon PK'ing, later be used as 'evidence' in a lawsuit against him in another case?

Yes it can. Simple reason being is that he didn't CK. As he PK'd, his character still exists and the murder is just that - a murder. ICly you can't RP that he died etc and therefore the court case can still remain valid - especially if he still has the weapon. If a character PK's and loses their PF weapon (assuming it was licensed) then he is to report that OOCly to Firearms Licensing on PD's forums

Edited by Connor
Just now, Connor said:

Yes it can. Simple reason being is that he didn't CK. As he PK'd, his character still exists and the murder is just that - a murder. ICly you can't RP that he died etc and therefore the court case can still remain valid - especially if he still has the weapon. If a character PK's and loses their PF weapon (assuming it was licensed) then he is to report that OOCly to Firearms Licensing on PD's forums

My weapon was taken by the police. I was not a suspect. They are using a firearm that was dropped because my character DIED in that scene. How can it now, a good week later, be used against me in a different lawsuit?

Literal quote from the metagaming rule:

"Returning to the scene of your death is also considered metagaming, even if done on another character. Some time must be given so the players on the scene can leave it. Once the players involved in your death (involved meaning present at the scene in this particular instance), you can roleplay normally in that particular area. Returning to the same neighborhood is enough to be considered returning to the scene. You may not roleplay gathering information on your own death on any character you have, or referencing any of your dead characters on any of your other characters. Interacting with your own body on any character."

If I were to roleplay seeing this evidence, I'm gathering information on my own death.. This makes no sense.

Edited by Paranoid Cobra

I agree with Cobra on that completely and I feel like there is some FRP on the cops side because that rule was broken. Also, if you're character is DEAD and the cops were INVOLVED then that would mean you can't bring up that scene again. Especially for a DIFFERENT lawsuit. Sounds like metagaming to me.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Paranoid Cobra said:

My weapon was taken by the police. I was not a suspect. They are using a firearm that was dropped because my character DIED in that scene. How can it now, a good week later, be used against me in a different lawsuit?

Literal quote from the metagaming rule:

"Returning to the scene of your death is also considered metagaming, even if done on another character. Some time must be given so the players on the scene can leave it. Once the players involved in your death (involved meaning present at the scene in this particular instance), you can roleplay normally in that particular area. Returning to the same neighborhood is enough to be considered returning to the scene. You may not roleplay gathering information on your own death on any character you have, or referencing any of your dead characters on any of your other characters. Interacting with your own body on any character."

If I were to roleplay seeing this evidence, I'm gathering information on my own death.. This makes no sense.

This would need to be brought up in a forum report i'm afraid.

@Connor Hi, thanks for the reply. I have another question, let me tell you what happened to me.

I was roleplaying in a faction, and one of the guys PKed my character for a quite non RP reason in a non realistic way. We both agree the situation should be voided but admins didn't want to. He had to namechange after getting arrested since other person who he randomly killed took a CK.

Well, even he had a new character, I was told my character was killed for the whole faction and that could never RP again with any of them, not even as a stranger as long as I was that character. Is that allowed, you said that after a PK people can rp again as strangers. I had to use the WP I had to namechange because of that and even after that I think he brings previous now OOC things into the IC roleplay, breaking the immersion and acting non realisticaly.

What could I do? I basically wasnt even allowed a fresh start with their faction with a new character either. If they keep mixing OOC and IC, is there a way to reverse my namechange, without having to buy WP?

Thanks

Edit: I was told by this guy that I was Faction Player killed, not a normal player kill. I wasn't even a member of the faction per se, and is that even a thing? I couldn't find any documentation in the forums about those Faction Player Kill...

Edited by Lucie
  • 3 months later...