New /openbusiness Rule

slick!

For some reason, I'm still not getting entry fees. I've tried multiple times over. Made sure to /openbusiness, had multiple people come in and out, and still have nothing from it. I had Bombie come and check it out earlier, still no use.

Just now, Line said:

Is this just goods vs services?

Goods (jewlery, art, pawnshops) = no script bonus
services (gyms, massage parlor, nail salon) = script bonus? 

It depends, it's mostly businesses which already make a lot of income that are prohibited. If your pawnshop is selling expensive jewelry, then they're not supposed to use it. If your art is very expensive, no bonus. You've got the right idea ?

• Upvote 1
Just now, Bombie said:

It depends, it's mostly businesses which already make a lot of income that are prohibited. If your pawnshop is selling expensive jewelry, then they're not supposed to use it. If your art is very expensive, no bonus. You've got the right idea ?

Don't clubs charge $500+ for entry and then there's "VIP" variants of these membership entry fees? Why are they getting that bonus?

Just now, effion said:

Don't clubs charge $500+ for entry and then there's "VIP" variants of these membership entry fees? Why are they getting that bonus?

Most clubs I've noticed don't have a fee and just rely on /openbusiness - as they don't have the 4k hourly, but have to pay bartenders, dancers, security, etc. 

2 hours ago, Bombie said:

Tattoo parlors, gun stores, tool stores, grocery stores, phone stores stores, liquor stores, mechanics,  jewelry stores (both /createitem and the normal script for them), expensive clothing stores, and trucking companies are not allowed to use it.

Tattoo parlors can't use openbusiness? That officially means tattoo artists will now make less money than waiters, juice shop employees, baristas, and make about as much money as a bartender. This also means tattoo artists will now make 4-6x less than mechanics.

Not every business with a script job is built equally. My tattoo parlor, which occupies a highly central location, makes an average of 2-3k profit a day. The only way I, as an owner, make money is by /startshifting inside. The only way I could afford to pay my artists bonuses was with the openbusiness. 

The /openbusiness income allowed my shop to create roleplay across the entire server. We were able to purchase graphics from providers of that business, pay for an interior designer through our income, we purchase food deliveries from restaurants and bakeries to feed our employees and to provide snacks for our customers. And it allowed me to help make our artists have a more realistic salary. 

I was really excited to see the /openbusiness script adjusted to automatically pay employees. But now, my character's business is one of those affected. Now the decision is for my employees to raise the IC price they're charging to be like an "expensive clothing store" or to suffer making less money doing a really specialized, complicated, and dedicated style of roleplay than someone who is literally working a desk at a grocery store, trucking, or farming a location to sell $5 watches for $25,000.

A decision like this is a big one, and it was done without gathering any input from the people who roleplay the business owners and employees. The openbusiness script rewards businesses which foster roleplay and allow them a chance to redistribute this wealth. I understand perhaps stifling mechanic shops where their employees are capable of making approximately 30-80k an hour but my tattoo parlor makes 2-3k a day. My employees, if they work an entire 3-4 hour shift, can expect to make about $500-$1500 out of "passive" income from selling tattoos.

Selling a tattoo is not like selling a $5,000 mask. It doesn't take one line of emotes to do it. It takes time, effort, and literally sometimes hours of roleplay. The price for tattoos in game ranges from $100 to $2,000. Even if I make the split 100% to the employee (thus personally eating the cost to replace the components), and even if we only have one employee (which currently we have an IC manager, a receptionist, and a support personnel on staff at all times), they make $100 to $2,000 as a "bonus" for roleplaying three hours as an incredibly high-skilled and realistically high-income position while a barista or restaurant waiter will make that from a 10-mintue roleplay. 

Big thumbs down.

Edited by Ink
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Ink said:

Tattoo parlors can't use openbusiness? That officially means tattoo artists will now make less money than waiters, juice shop employees, baristas, and make about as much money as a bartender. This also means tattoo artists will now make 4-6x less than mechanics.

Not every business with a script job is built equally. My tattoo parlor, which occupies a highly central location, makes an average of 2-3k profit a day. The only way I, as an owner, make money is by /startshifting inside. The only way I could afford to pay my artists bonuses was with the openbusiness. 

The /openbusiness income allowed my shop to create roleplay across the entire server. We were able to purchase graphics from providers of that business, pay for an interior designer through our income, we purchase food deliveries from restaurants and bakeries to feed our employees and to provide snacks for our customers. And it allowed me to help make our artists have a more realistic salary. 

I was really excited to see the /openbusiness script adjusted to automatically pay employees. But now, my character's business is one of those affected. Now the decision is for my employees to raise the IC price they're charging to be like an "expensive clothing store" or to suffer making less money doing a really specialized, complicated, and dedicated style of roleplay than someone who is literally working a desk at a grocery store, trucking, or farming a location to sell $5 watches for $25,000.

A decision like this is a big one, and it was done without gathering any input from the people who roleplay the business owners and employees. The openbusiness script rewards businesses which foster roleplay and allow them a chance to redistribute this wealth. I understand perhaps stifling mechanic shops where their employees are capable of making approximately 30-80k an hour but my tattoo parlor makes 2-3k a day. My employees, if they work an entire 3-4 hour shift, can expect to make about $500-$1500 out of "passive" income from selling tattoos.

Selling a tattoo is not like selling a $5,000 mask. It doesn't take one line of emotes to do it. It takes time, effort, and literally sometimes hours of roleplay. The price for tattoos in game ranges from $100 to $2,000. Even if I make the split 100% to the employee (thus personally eating the cost to replace the components), and even if we only have one employee (which currently we have an IC manager, a receptionist, and a support personnel on staff at all times), they make $100 to $2,000 as a "bonus" for roleplaying three hours as an incredibly high-skilled and realistically high-income position while a barista or restaurant waiter will make that from a 10-mintue roleplay. 

Big thumbs down.

I believe I just spoke to you on Discord and just noticed your answer here, but for others to see:

If you own a script business and are not making as much as advertised by the script - exceptions can be made. The script is there to help businesses get off the ground and actually be able to support their roleplay. I'm aware I failed to mention that in my original post and I apologize, but if you guys check the rule page again - it'll explain it better. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1