New property changes discussion

Timzii

This thread shows how little some people care about other people's time. One real life week is a lot of time for a game, this server won't be around forever and nobody will play here forever either. This system literally only makes it possible to rent a place on the character you're the most active on or still get the starter money on because rent will be impossible to pay. Like others said, under 10k per real life week from a property you pay around 200k or more for IS pathetic because of how much everything costs on the server. 

You need money to fund your RP in many cases and everything is expensive. 

3 hours ago, Ink said:

I've seen multiple people quote that they purchase homes and design them and that it's an expense. Certainly, it is, but it's also still an asset you possess which retains its value. If you invest 300k into a house and then add 100k in furniture and pay a designer 50k, you've only lost 50k. Your furniture cost can be fully recouped at sale, your market price will be fully recouped unless you paid exorbitantly over it, and you'll probably make a premium for the excellent furnishing you've paid for. 

So all the money you're generating now is essentially interest on top of your "banked" money invested into the property. You are reaping capital gains as a landlord, and you do not face any of the real world costs of running a business of offering a place to live. You don't have to pay to replace furniture which gets broken, you don't have to pay for touch ups and cleanings between tenants, you don't have to pay for maintenance and new appliances when they break things, and so on. You barely even pay property tax as you would IRL.

This +100.

You will recoup your investment whenever you decide to sell the house and then some. So everything you earn with rent is additional income. The housing market isn’t going to crash. There is no financial risk to being a landlord with the demand of housing on this server. You don’t pay for repairs or property taxes. Your initial purchase + furniture will more than pay for itself in the end. People usually pay the buyout price regardless. Just check the property forums. I fail to see any justification for landlords complaining about not getting a return on their investment when there’s ZERO risk to it. 

Edited by Saidin

I believe the housing market is going to crash for a different reason. Now you can custom map multi-interiors which is great for everyone! The benefit to individual homes was basically just the ability to do that. Some houses like Mirror Park houses or Vespucci houses will carry more prestige because of the location, amenities, pool/garage/etc, but the prices should drop significantly across the board now that people can thoroughly customize their apartments.

That being said, rent prices will get competitive and lower as well. We're in the complaining stage but we'll see how it turns out in the long run.

I still think automatic rent system should be enabled because it was a lot better to look at the map and go pick a place out, than it is to sort through the rare property rental ads on the forums.

26 minutes ago, Arielle said:

I still think automatic rent system should be enabled because it was a lot better to look at the map and go pick a place out, than it is to sort through the rare property rental ads on the forums.

I don't agree with the automatic rent, but to help the situation I do advocate for in-game "Looking for an apartment/rental house" ads. It's not hard to stipulate a format for people to follow, so we don't run into a "Female looking for female roommate" situation as I've seen many times over and not just here.

Edited by Saidin
5 hours ago, Shiro said:

This thread shows how little some people care about other people's time. One real life week is a lot of time for a game, this server won't be around forever and nobody will play here forever either. This system literally only makes it possible to rent a place on the character you're the most active on or still get the starter money on because rent will be impossible to pay. Like others said, under 10k per real life week from a property you pay around 200k or more for IS pathetic because of how much everything costs on the server. 

You need money to fund your RP in many cases and everything is expensive. 

If you're playing on characters that don't have as many hours going, you can still choose to buy an apartment for ~100-200k.

If the intent of this was to encourage more renter/landlord RP with the creation of contracts then I would like to see a better transaction tracking system to go along with it. If we are to be negotiating and signing IC contracts there should be a streamlined way to track rent payments (or any payments for that matter). Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to show 'proof' that you paid someone is to take a screenshot every time you make a payment. This would especially be helpful for bank transfers which, I imagine, would be tracked and recorded by the bank as it would be in real life. A monthly bank statement of transfers/withdrawals/deposits would be immensely helpful for this.

37 minutes ago, Eden said:

If the intent of this was to encourage more renter/landlord RP with the creation of contracts then I would like to see a better transaction tracking system to go along with it. If we are to be negotiating and signing IC contracts there should be a streamlined way to track rent payments (or any payments for that matter). Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to show 'proof' that you paid someone is to take a screenshot every time you make a payment. This would especially be helpful for bank transfers which, I imagine, would be tracked and recorded by the bank as it would be in real life. A monthly bank statement of transfers/withdrawals/deposits would be immensely helpful for this.

There are bank transfer records in UCP, right?

42 minutes ago, Eden said:

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

There are bank transfer records in UCP, right?

Yes there are. You can check bank transfers there very easily.

https://imgur.com/2fn8LVP

Edited by Saidin

Well Im adding my two cents to the discussion. After a year of building a real estate company thats now called Deluxe Estates I feel like my whole work has been thrown upside down.

Before the new system when renting out out middle classed apartments ranging from $140-$160 dollars per cycle we earned like 20 thousand a week with seven apartments. I have agents working IC, meeting tenants and fixing their problems. Now they cant do that anymore since renting out need an owner being present. 

Second concern is that no tenant wants to pay for something they might not use. Since people have irl lives and stuff to do and might feel like they pay for their offline time too, while they can only earn while playing the game.

Last of all. Deluxe Estates was built on saving up ever since renting out the first apartment. I understand the new landlord system. But It feels like its made for people who play for 16hours a day. The new system while bringing in the realism, tends to forget that its still a game, and its played by people with IRL lives, jobs too.