LS is not based on LA it's been confirmed

NBA

So there's been  confusion between most players on the server. Some think LS is LS and others think LS is being portrayed as LA.  The image below is a random image someone posted on disc, free speech one. So what are your thoughts on what chey said, is LS, LS? Or Ls is LA? Comment below I wanna hear people opinion on this.

lol.png

• Upvote 2

Well, we can not copy everything from LA 1:1, but common sense things should be there, like busy streets, buildings (like PDs et cetera), crime, gangs, ... . Just take a realistic metropolitan city and think it into a game - what can I do here when it would be me IRL, then the name of the city really does not matter. The game just copied LA, thats all. 

Chey is a level one admin, with all due respect. Her words don't particularly constitute an official statement from FM or from Management themselves.

Yes, this isn't LA, this is LS, San Andreas. A city in a fictional state which is based off of Los Angeles, California.

I'm honestly not sure why this discussion keeps getting bought up. Most people generally just ignore LA, CA and New York, opting to use the cities in the GTA Universe.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
  • Upvote 4

Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Chey is a level one admin, with all due respect. Her words don't particularly constitute an official statement from FM or from Management themselves.

Yes, this isn't LA, this is LS, San Andreas. A city in a fictional state which is based off of Los Angeles, California.

I'm honestly not sure why this discussion keeps getting bought up. Most people generally just ignore LA, CA and New York, opting to use the cities in the GTA Universe.

The thing is that you got people mad over certain things being made in world that's not in LA which at the end of the day it shouldn't matter since its all fictional RP at the end of the day. They simple want people to only keep there ideals LA based instead of being different which is ass.

Just now, blast said:

The thing is that you got people mad over certain things being made in world that's not in LA which at the end of the day it shouldn't matter since its all fictional RP at the end of the day. They simple want people to only keep there ideals LA based instead of being different which is ass.

Certain things? Like what?

If gangs are what you're talking about, then no. Gang RP on this server is generally modelled after LA organizations. There's certain organizations that wouldn't be considered realistic here, despite this not being LA we're roleplaying in a city that's heavily based off of the Southern Californian City of Los Angeles. There's no Nortenos, GD's, Latin Kings or anything of that nature in LS. There's Surenos, bloods, crips, 18's and MS-13's though.

• Chey locked this topic

To make things clear, continuity is in the works. Please be patient while we work towards defining situations like this. 

Further note, trying to stir drama from what an admin said to you and rile up the community to further your standpoint is not acceptable. We expect each player in the community to follow our rules and guidelines. 

Again, please be patient while we work on the definitions and lore decisions for our community. We had a meeting a few hours ago and have been discussing with Nervous since.

• Upvote 1