Del Perro Pier PD

Tsarna

But then the bank, airport and other places are off limits? If the rules in place for other locations that aren't manned, it should affect all regardless if they're in operation or not. 

Again, the issue isn't to stop illegal RP or crimes, it's to make people go, "am I really about to murder someone when there's a police station there?" 

I'd love the LSPD to open these as actual faction HQs but that's asking a lot. When the rate of illegal RP is affecting legal RP and legal factions then I think some form of balance and cooperation needs to be in place because it does affect people's roleplay, it has been reported to PD icly - but it doesn't deter anyone. 

There's nothing stopping sports cars driving on the sand or walkways, there's nothing stopping people getting murdered en masse - and it is affecting legal RP. We need some help to bring the area to a fun place for both legal and illegal rpers. 

Saying "report it to the police" doesn't help as we do report it, but the police have an entire state to run and we'd end up calling them 50 times a day - which again just ruins the roleplay.

I'd love some beach cops, but thats something that relies on a lot of different factors to set up and get going, where as just adding two more buildings to the already established server rule is a simple solution to a big problem, at least for now.

I love it as it is. If somebody is stupid enough to go in an area with a lot of money or goods in his pockets that is his loss and I'll also have a good fucking laugh at it. I'm on the civillian side and as much as I dislike IC having violence around my neighborhood in Vespucci, I love it OOCly. I don't see the point of changing a server layout, cucking the roleplay of dozens of people simply because of some players not liking what happens in front of their characters eyes. Don't like it? Move on/out. 

Should I also add that this whole discussion is being made for a period of less than 2 months left? In October it gets colder so less and less people will be on the beach, while gangsters and overall criminals roleplay throughout 12 months with the same intensity.

On Topic: Del Perro Pier PD should be functional. It clearly is necessary.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
7 hours ago, lambchops said:

Only active faction property should be safezones if anything, we should not aim to create magical no-roleplay barriers.

As per the server rules:

Crime free areas include the following locations:

• Government buildings (such as police and fire stations, the prison and city hall).
  • Banks (ATM's not included) 
  • Airport
  • Customization feature (the player is considered INSIDE the building)
  • Ammunation area

Why just active faction properties? Under your opinion, non-faction areas such as banks, Ammunations, the airport and customization feature areas should be free game, yes? If we're not aiming to create magical non-RP barriers, why do safe zones exist at all? Why do police, fire personnel and government buildings get the benefit of a safe zone? The argument applied here is that "those areas would be realistically populated or have activity that would deter crime", yes? Why isn't that applied to other parts of the server that would be "realistically populated"? City streets are populated. Beach piers have high foot traffic. I could go on. Seems kind of one sided, don't you think? To be clear, I'm not advocating for no safe zones, I'm just making a logical point that there seems to be a double standard when it comes to this issue.

Areas such as the Del Perro Pier would never see the amount of openly committed crime in real life with references to high foot traffic and potential police presence should something go awry. Yet, it's pretty much one of the highest areas of crime in that part of the city in-game. So, how should it be role played? Honestly it makes more sense to RP it as it would be realistically, which is a busy beach pier. It's 50/50 whether or not people treat the city as "busy" as it would be in real life or simply by the amount of players in the area at the time. I've also seen reports by Admins that are also mixed on this issue. There are multiple standards applied here and it creates confusion and inconsistency across the board with regards to how the city should be properly portrayed, hence why there is such a divide on the issue. The "role play it as you wish" shouldn't be the standard in regards to this particular topic. There should be a uniform policy on how the city should be role played by everyone.

To quote @Ink from a similar thread on crime in the city:

4 hours ago, Ink said:

There are just far more criminals to contend with, and our server's criminals are often really stupid and use guns in entirely unrealistic ways because they OOCly know the chances of a police officer stumbling on them completely by accident is low, and they powergame that there's no one watching out the few hundred windows near wherever they do this dumb crime.

Just because you're a criminal online at 8 AM server time when there are 100 players online doesn't mean you can start shooting up city streets because there are no players in the area to report you to the police. 

Edited by Saidin
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

People seem to overlook the big picture here. Just because there's no one on the beach at noon, that does not mean it is empty. Cause at that time of the day it isn't. Infact there are sooo many people, that you could have issues with finding a good spot to lie down yourself. Just because there's no player there, that does not mean it's empty. Cause if we used this formula, then Los Santos has roughly 500 inhabitants. Which would render the whole city bankrupt effectively. Or do you think going to hairdresser is like a player is hidden somewhere accepting your order? No, yet you take a haircut. How?

Edited by Engelbert
On 8/11/2020 at 5:53 PM, Engelbert said:

People seem to overlook the big picture here. Just because there's no one on the beach at noon, that does not mean it is empty. Cause at that time of the day it isn't. Infact there are sooo many people, that you could have issues with finding a good spot to lie down yourself. Just because there's no player there, that does not mean it's empty. Cause if we used this formula, then Los Santos has roughly 500 inhabitants. Which would render the whole city bankrupt effectively. Or do you think going to hairdresser is like a player is hidden somewhere accepting your order? No, yet you take a haircut. How?

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. The opinions on this issue are very mixed and some people refuse to role play a "population of people" that don't exist as players. They'll only play to the amount of people who are in the area and think that's okay. This issue needs official management clarification and it needs to be enforced, one way or another. 

Edited by Saidin
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Saidin said:

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. The opinions on this issue are very mixed and some people refuse to role play a "population of people" that don't exist as players. They'll only play to the amount of people who are in the area and think that's okay. This issue needs official management clarification and it needs to be enforced, one way or another. 

NPCs aren't used cause interactions between them and players are chaotic and because they take up same slots on the server, that players do.

• 3 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic