UCP Turf Map

Just now, Katja said:

That’s because it IS an IC issue. Of course DM’ing is not okay, but it’s a reportable offense. Factions should have beef with other factions, in what world do groups of criminals play nicely? That’s also why IFM exists, to help ensure it is reasonable for factions to take action against each other. 

Yeah but factions shouldn't be setting up shop on a block already claimed. Realistically a rival gang won't set up shop in another rival gang's turf, of course friendly gangs do share territory but that isn't the point of this. Hoovers and NHC aren't going to set up shop on the same block realistically. 18st and BPS/r20s won't set up shop on the same block realistically. ESC and VNE won't set up shop on the same block realistically, it's just illogical. Do you see where I'm coming from? 

Y'all not looking at it from the right perspective. Yes, turf is an IC Issue, but the suggestion isn't talking about the IC aspect of it. It's literally to see on an OOC level where everyone is based so someone doesn't start a blood faction right in the middle of a crip area???

I think an internal turf map for IFM would work much better moreso than something visible to everyone. This way, players can pitch their location idea(s) to IFM, and IFM could give them the go ahead or direct them to a different, unoccupied space. No faction names, nothing — just something that IFM could internally track and regulate, since factions go through them anyways.

@bidi bidi bom bom 

I do see your argument, however it’s the aspect of /how/ that knowledge is obtained. Having to find out that another, possibly stronger, gang is controlling an area should be completely IC. Or on the other hand, finding out the gang that currently occupies an area can be easily driven out /should/ be able to be done ICly as well. 

Also, what would the standards be for who gets approved? Several factions will most likely apply for the same areas, maybe they all have quality RP and solid reasons for obtaining the area. Why should one faction be OOCly handed a turf over other factions, and then if they get taken over, does the new faction automatically assume the turf? Do they have to apply? I feel there are several important factors that would be need to be worked out, that I’m not sure it would ultimately be worth the time and effort. 

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

I think an internal turf map for IFM would work much better moreso than something visible to everyone. This way, players can pitch their location idea(s) to IFM, and IFM could give them the go ahead or direct them to a different, unoccupied space. No faction names, nothing — just something that IFM could internally track and regulate, since factions go through them anyways.

Yes, the main issue would be that it is visible to everyone and could easily become a breeding ground for MG.