Vehicle Attributes [G]

On 7/29/2020 at 12:05 PM, Brian3898 said:

Moderation would come down to the players I assume

So what are the limits on this?

The context sounds great and all, because it doesn't revolve around conflicts. But what if someone decides to make a description and changes to the vehicle relevant to roleplay surrounding it, and then proceeds to make a problem out of this if other players don't pay attention to it? This could end up in player reports. If this were to be implemented, are people responsible for checking the attributes for every car?

A completely random example could be, someone blocks the sight into a rear window using vehicle attributes, and someone else doesn't see this. they recognizes a player's name by looking through the clearly unobstructed window, and now we have two competing realities.

5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

So what are the limits on this?

The context sounds great and all, because it doesn't revolve around conflicts. But what if someone decides to make a description and changes to the vehicle relevant to roleplay surrounding it, and then proceeds to make a problem out of this if other players don't pay attention to it? This could end up in player reports. If this were to be implemented, are people responsible for checking the attributes for every car?

A completely random example could be, someone blocks the sight into a rear window using vehicle attributes, and someone else doesn't see this. they recognizes a player's name by looking through the clearly unobstructed window, and now we have two competing realities.

All of what you're saying here applies to the character /attributes as well, it'll just be a new reality that we'll have to find a way to moderate, I don't have all the answers, but you can't dispute the fact that roleplay would be improved by this feature overall, and not hurt.

When I say moderation comes down to the players, it'll be just like any other issue, a player sees something that is wrong/not accepted, proceeds to let the person now, or an admin, hopefully to be corrected

Just now, Brian3898 said:

All of what you're saying here applies to the character /attributes as well, it'll just be a new reality that we'll have to find a way to moderate, I don't have all the answers, but you can't dispute the fact that roleplay would be improved by this feature overall, and not hurt.

When I say moderation comes down to the players, it'll be just like any other issue, a player sees something that is wrong/not accepted, proceeds to let the person now, or an admin, hopefully to be corrected

I agree with what you're saying. I think it is worth considering what the unintended consequences might be.