"Hire" trusted forum members to archive outdated posts

Looking at the dilapidated state of some forum sections, it becomes very clear that things aren't being well kept.

View any advertisement section, and you may see extremely outdated posts cluttering up the forums, and I do not blame the busy admins for not being able to get around to it, they are too tied up with other things. To combat this, I think it would be necessary to take on one or two trusted members whose sole purpose is to archive outdated posts.

Another solution would be to allow users to archive their own posts, but I am not sure if that is possible or a good idea.

For example, here is a post in the Job Offers section that was named "Delete" since June 26, over a month ago

Another example, a Schwartzer for sale that hasn't been updated since June 19, it's pretty obvious that it has been sold by now.

Finally, a property from late May that was sold in June, and never archived.

These are just a few examples of pages upon pages of posts that are not active.

Edit: There are literally posts on this same forum section that haven't been replied to since FEBRUARY 2019

Edited by icarusfeather
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
Just now, bncal said:

This is old asf... Anyway report a thread if you think is outdated. We have supporters for this 

^
just tag me if you need a thread L&A.

I'm not for this suggestion at all, apply for staff if you want to help out.

Edited by effion

I don’t really agree with this as there are a couple senior support members and several administrators that could deal with it. “Trusted” people could also archive posts for no reason which is why it is just better for an experienced staff member to be able to have the abilities to archive outdated posts.

• mj2002 locked this topic