Server Rules: Questions and Answers

• Developer
14 minutes ago, LookAtMyRight said:

If I told somebody that I wanted to sell guns for $100K they gave me the money $100K (since I can't scam 100K) I RPed throws the rest of $25K to them and run away... so technically the amount of money I get from scamming is $75K and not $100K how's that?

This is quite fishy, but technically the original amount you're scamming is 100k since you don't have the 'guns' when you get paid.

1 hour ago, St3fan[NL] said:

This is quite fishy, but technically the original amount you're scamming is 100k since you don't have the 'guns' when you get paid.

There are no limitations on drug and weapon scams. This applies to both scamming a player for drugs or weapons and for scamming a player for money off a drug or weapon scam.

Does this not suggest that there's no limit to how much you can scam when it comes to weapons/drugs?

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Portz said:

There are no limitations on drug and weapon scams. This applies to both scamming a player for drugs or weapons and for scamming a player for money off a drug or weapon scam.

Does this not suggest that there's no limit to how much you can scam when it comes to weapons/drugs?

Youre right, totally forgot. Scams only apply to vehicles and properties.

What are the options a player has after getting its character killed IC? I guess the player can both do a CK and kill it forever (get a namechange after that), or keep roleplaying avoiding your murderers for a while and acting as it didn't happen.

I just wanted to make sure since I couldn't find anything about this on the Rules thread, and I don't know the current etiquette on this for GTA RP servers.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

What are the options a player has after getting its character killed IC? I guess the player can both do a CK and kill it forever (get a namechange after that), or keep roleplaying avoiding your murderers for a while and acting as it didn't happen.

I just wanted to make sure since I couldn't find anything about this on the Rules thread, and I don't know the current etiquette on this for GTA RP servers.

I think you'll just get a namechange, because I believe if "keep roleplaying avoiding your murderers for a while and acting as it didn't happen" is PK.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Yeah just avoid the killers.

1 hour ago, Gangstafary said:

Having seen that this is often discussed, I'd like to hear the official statement:

In a scenario where you start a punch fight without the usual /me sends a straight fist towards X, is that legit? Or do you need to at least write one /me that starts the fight and then just click click click?

There is no solid rule that requires you to /me before a fight. However, textual role-play helps emphasize that the fight is legitimate and not DM. So with that being said, I advice everyone to be explicit and textual with their actions in general, even though you're not at risk of getting punished when not doing so.

• Upvote 2
  • Caporegime changed the title to Server Rules: Questions and Answers
  • Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic