Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Hello! 

As per CCTV rules here, I have a question

in interiors now we MUST use the new CCTV script items in order to RP CCTV 

What is the correct role-play in the following scenario:

You work at a business. Someone comes in and causes trouble. They situation escalates and police is called. 

Police arrives and ask for a record of your CCTV. 

Do you : 

1) give them a copy of the log from the CCTV platform

2) give them a copy of the log from the CCTV platform and a shadowplay along with a screenshot of your CCTV to determine angle

3) something else?

The reason I'm asking is that in many cases, the placement of actors (players) in a scene is crucial. The securoserv platform gives pure text. No placement information. The shadowplay is from your own perspective, not from the camera's. 

So, what will it be acceptable to give here to ensure both fairness for the perpetrator but also correct portrayal of the CCTV?

• Upvote 2
On 12/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, Kraethas said:

Hello! 

As per CCTV rules here, I have a question

in interiors now we MUST use the new CCTV script items in order to RP CCTV 

What is the correct role-play in the following scenario:

You work at a business. Someone comes in and causes trouble. They situation escalates and police is called. 

Police arrives and ask for a record of your CCTV. 

Do you : 

1) give them a copy of the log from the CCTV platform

2) give them a copy of the log from the CCTV platform and a shadowplay along with a screenshot of your CCTV to determine angle

3) something else?

The reason I'm asking is that in many cases, the placement of actors (players) in a scene is crucial. The securoserv platform gives pure text. No placement information. The shadowplay is from your own perspective, not from the camera's. 

So, what will it be acceptable to give here to ensure both fairness for the perpetrator but also correct portrayal of the CCTV?

If the police requests the footage, giving over the logs from the CCTV platform is the way. In case you have the footage, you can share that, as it helps the case and makes things waaaay easier, but is not mandatory, especially since running shadowplay or the likes constantly is nothing we'd ever force or ask someone. If the police asks for help or clarification, asking the suspect or administration should be their first step anyways. 

So basically, if you have footage? Nice! You can hand it over as well, speeds the process most the times up.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kraethas said:

So... Random question that cropped up on a random chat. 

Is the fact we can see a name on a banking routing, IC?

Specifically, in the screenshot below (as an example), if I don't know Sofia's last name, can I look up my bank app and see it's Adriani IC?

e9999cd248df156e3fc8c8e98393e106.jpg

That's how I have interpreted this at least.

21 hours ago, Kraethas said:

So... Random question that cropped up on a random chat. 

Is the fact we can see a name on a banking routing, IC?

Specifically, in the screenshot below (as an example), if I don't know Sofia's last name, can I look up my bank app and see it's Adriani IC?

e9999cd248df156e3fc8c8e98393e106.jpg

Unless it is specifically roleplayed as Cashapp(or alternatives) where clear names aren't visible. Yes.
Official bank transfers reveal the sender. Be it the company name or the government name the bank account was opened with.

• Upvote 4
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to steal a car not by a lockpick but by asking the owner to let you try it with a duplicate of the key, so as scamming it, but not for the ownership of the car, just for the short-term roleplay with it?

So, this is what the admins tell me when I ask, but I think they misunderstand my question. I've read the rule and it appears to refer to the ownership of the assets, not to what my scope is.

PCnh22Q.png

On 2/27/2024 at 7:29 PM, vally said:

Is it possible to steal a car not by a lockpick but by asking the owner to let you try it with a duplicate of the key, so as scamming it, but not for the ownership of the car, just for the short-term roleplay with it?

So, this is what the admins tell me when I ask, but I think they misunderstand my question. I've read the rule and it appears to refer to the ownership of the assets, not to what my scope is.

PCnh22Q.png

Whilst this response is not coming from a member of staff, the interpretation of scamming would still fall within your question. At this stage, cloning of a key to get access to someone else's vehicle, and it wouldn't be for permanent ownership, is a grey area. There isn't a rule in writing that says what this would fall under. Technically, you are not depriving someone of their property (in this case, a vehicle) permanently, and you aren't really tricking them into 'giving' the property to you permanently. If you are 'not returning it' as you said - that falls under scamming, as you are permanently depriving someone of it.

It would most definitely be a niche aspect of roleplay made available, and would most definitely be interesting with some sort of a script. I am not aware of any decisions or comments made on this from above either and have kept up with rule changes and the player report section. 

I'd advise you to be on the safer side until there is a ruling made by someone in orange to clarify this and go with what the response to your ticket was. Yes, there is roleplay to be explored and experimented with, but at the same time, this is not clarified within the rules of whether 'scamming' means scamming the ownership of the property (requiring the ownership to be transferred to you) or it also applies to things like key scamming.

Y5ctMf4.png

• Upvote 1