Server Rules: Questions and Answers

8 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Why is it that there is no set time limits on punishments? Also curious why admins can use their own discretion when handling someones ban appeal? It seems a bit unfair how an admin can just feel a certain way about someone, and continuously extend their ban because they don’t “feel” they should be let back into the community. Like why isn’t there a set list of punishments when it comes to the rules? 

Every situation is different and there are too many variables to codify this.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Also curious why admins can use their own discretion when handling someones ban appeal? It seems a bit unfair how an admin can just feel a certain way about someone, and continuously extend their ban because they don’t “feel” they should be let back into the community.

Initial appeals may be denied with a new date set by the handling admin but If this is the case, it's safe to say that this is not because of who the player is personally, but because of the extent of what they did to receive their ban in the first place, or what they've continuously done to lead them to that point. 

I think it's important for the community to know that intervention of an admin is never personal.

• Thanks 1
On 4/7/2021 at 4:13 PM, Soup said:

I think it's important for the community to know that intervention of an admin is never personal.

How can you be sure of this though?

Even if you say it's never personal, it's impossible to know that if there are zero public guidelines as to how to punish people for certain rule breaks. It's as much possible that an admin is being personal as well as an admin is just doing their job as far as the player is concerned

Chaining robberies on your character unless adequately roleplayed will be considered unrealistic and a poor portrayal of a character, so be careful If you choose to go that way.

With the recent rule changes, I'm curious - what is considered adequately? What is it defined as or is it on a case-by-case basis by each admin individually?

• 2 weeks later...

Question about rule 10:
Smaller and "in the moment" robberies can be conducted without an approved IFM request. Admin permission and supervision is still required for these, /report to get it. Example: Robbing an open 24/7.

What categorized as open does it need a blip on the map or a simple /cad would suffice? I'm asking because I'm currently leasing a mechanic garage and sometimes we have customers even though we don't have /blip on the map and we might have previous /cad or /bad that already ran out. Would that still be counted as an open business?

Or if there's multiple people in the mechanic menu, even without anyone posting any ads previously, would it still be counted as an open business?
Had something happened last year where Fenrir concluded that it still requires a /report even though the business doesn't have blip.

Might also be related:
https://streamable.com/wecohn
There were people around the garage and one customer with the big block of cheese vehicle was being worked on. Would that be counted as an open business?

5 hours ago, mencurry said:

Question about rule 10:
Smaller and "in the moment" robberies can be conducted without an approved IFM request. Admin permission and supervision is still required for these, /report to get it. Example: Robbing an open 24/7.

What categorized as open does it need a blip on the map or a simple /cad would suffice? I'm asking because I'm currently leasing a mechanic garage and sometimes we have customers even though we don't have /blip on the map and we might have previous /cad or /bad that already ran out. Would that still be counted as an open business?

Or if there's multiple people in the mechanic menu, even without anyone posting any ads previously, would it still be counted as an open business?
Had something happened last year where Fenrir concluded that it still requires a /report even though the business doesn't have blip.

Might also be related:
https://streamable.com/wecohn
There were people around the garage and one customer with the big block of cheese vehicle was being worked on. Would that be counted as an open business?

If people are roleplaying in the business / doing activities related to a business (private work in your case or private events in a restaurant for example) it still follows under these rules where a request or report is required.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

If people are roleplaying in the business / doing activities related to a business (private work in your case or private events in a restaurant for example) it still follows under these rules where a request or report is required.

hi, do these rules also apply to people wanting to extort a business/employee?

• Upvote 1
On 4/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, orca112 said:

Chaining robberies on your character unless adequately roleplayed will be considered unrealistic and a poor portrayal of a character, so be careful If you choose to go that way.

With the recent rule changes, I'm curious - what is considered adequately? What is it defined as or is it on a case-by-case basis by each admin individually?

A lot of admins, when we do get the basis of reports are looking about how you RP it.. Are you rushing it? Are you just running up to every door and opening it? Robbing is indeed something that happens in real life, we all know it - sadly it happens to someone once in their lifetime, where its either a Home Invasion, vehicle robbery, or just a little petty theft like someone taking you're favorite bouncy ball. We tend to find that a lot of people like to abuse the robbery script, especially during low-pop hours. We have our ways of finding out people are constantly breaking into things, over and over, or attempting to.

But I think the general basis behind the decision of the admins are;

A. Does this make sense for you're character, or are you using the typical "i need money" but when we do a stat check on you, you have $100,000 in hand and 1.5m in the bank, with amazing houses and cars

B. Are you just doing it over and over until you get a successful hit? You just tried five cars, none have anything in them, or you couldn't get inside.. why are you wasting you're time more and more? This becomes more of an "OOC" hussle type of thing, from what I have experienced and noticed. Why after you just tried to rob that couple that popped three shots off at you and called 911, are you back on the streets robbing them or other players, thirty minutes later?

C. Where are you doing it? I know it sounds funny, but a lot of people love robbing cars/people outside of Police Stations, Fire Stations, DMV's, Courthouses.

D. How are you doing it? Are you putting the detailed RP involved? The fear of being caught? We see to many people that just run around, quite literally, just don't care for anything at all that goes around it and the RP into it. A lot of people will just do "/me starts to lockpick" or some constant 'forced' RP line that is almost like a copy/paste, for every vehicle or person they are trying to get. This is one of the big ones that get people ajailed and warned for chain robbing, doing the same commands and lines, over, and over, and over again. It shows that yes, maybe it's a bit more 'rough' to come up with detailed and different RP lines everytime, but it also shows that you are not putting in the effort or atleast trying. You would be surprised the amount of times this is literally, the key factor in a punishment for chain-robbing.

E. And finally, after you did five successful hits in a row, why are you now going to the middle of a parking lot where people are physically watching you rob a car? Why are you robbing another five people, after you know that person probably got a way to call/tell the police (remember, we have payphones now). Why are you continuing to go that extra mile for literally, no reason. People tend to never leave things in their car anymore in-game because of the issue of chain robbing. You walk inside for five minutes and someone is trying to take advantage of you're vehicle. I get people are greedy, but it's like, you arrest them ICly and then there back out doing it again with not a care in sight, thinking they only went to jail for one day in life for an armed robbery and multiple vehicle robberies? This mainly ties to what I am saying down below with -- what is you're characters purpose on this server? 

Admins have no problems if people are robbing vehicles, houses, properties, people - whatever it is, but if their is no actual story behind it besides that this is all your character does, were gonna smack down on it. If you're not providing anymore RP to the server then going to rob people and then logoff with the minimum amount of RP required, and or maybe not even meeting our expectations, why should we give you the effort when you're not giving it back to anyone in return? We have had a few specific cases in the administrative team where we would see the same names every five minutes, and it got to the point where this "norm" of walking up to a car and trying every one you see, became the standard that people think is okay. I'm not saying *everyone* - but speaking from experience and the amount of times I've dealt with chain robbing reports, or going and being a proactive person about it - it tends to be the same.. old excuse, everytime. 

What I listed is not a official list, nor can I speak for every admin, as every situation is different and has it's own circumstances - this is where a lot of our discretion comes in place. But I think the general basis, or the "start" of what admins look for in the chain robbing rulings, and what I have experienced as Staff Management and a regular admin, is that list usually is one of the keystones on why you are probably being punished. 

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1