Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Since my previous post was hidden, allow me to try and put this in less provocative terms:

It's very funny that some people are complaining about ajails being given out for small infractions, and being used as a form of public humiliation. It is funny, because this is how ajails have worked since always. It is funny because it is suddenly an issue for the PD, because the PD is more and more being punished administratively for breaking the rules. It is funny because we know that beforehand, these punishments and discussions were all handled in house, and that the community couldn't see what was going on. It is funny because PD often times get reduced sentences for being PD, look at the classic Selena decision where they decided to give a guy a warning for oocly arranging a hit on an illegal RPer they didn't like with one of the most notorious metagamers on the server. It is funny because they are complaining about no longer getting special treatment. 

If you are in the PD and you are concerned about breaking the rules, and are coming to this thread to complain about it, my suggestion and answer to any of your questions would be to follow the rules, like everyone else in the community is expected to do. If you are concerned about the usage of ajails, ajails have been around on the server ever since I joined almost 3 years ago. If you break the rules, and it is ajailable, you will be ajailed, because the public humiliation also serves as a way to prevent people from doing it again. So if you are wondering why it is being employed as a form of public humiliation @joshua. It is not a new issue that people feel that their ajails, or warnings, have been excessive, or inaccurate. If you believe this, you can appeal it via a staff report, like many people have done, including myself. 

2 minutes ago, Ted said:

Since my previous post was hidden, allow me to try and put this in less provocative terms:

It's very funny that some people are complaining about ajails being given out for small infractions, and being used as a form of public humiliation. It is funny, because this is how ajails have worked since always. It is funny because it is suddenly an issue for the PD, because the PD is more and more being punished administratively for breaking the rules. It is funny because we know that beforehand, these punishments and discussions were all handled in house, and that the community couldn't see what was going on. It is funny because PD often times get reduced sentences for being PD, look at the classic Selena decision where they decided to give a guy a warning for oocly arranging a hit on an illegal RPer they didn't like with one of the most notorious metagamers on the server. It is funny because they are complaining about no longer getting special treatment. 

If you are in the PD and you are concerned about breaking the rules, and are coming to this thread to complain about it, my suggestion and answer to any of your questions would be to follow the rules, like everyone else in the community is expected to do. If you are concerned about the usage of ajails, ajails have been around on the server ever since I joined almost 3 years ago. If you break the rules, and it is ajailable, you will be ajailed, because the public humiliation also serves as a way to prevent people from doing it again. So if you are wondering why it is being employed as a form of public humiliation @joshua. It is not a new issue that people feel that their ajails, or warnings, have been excessive, or inaccurate. If you believe this, you can appeal it via a staff report, like many people have done, including myself. 

you’ve missed my entire point completely bro. i dunno how you’ve done so badly at reading. never did i say my problem with public humiliation was solely now with PD ajails. i’ve had a problem with it forever, which is why i was one of the people that first advocated for ban appeals to go private. use your brain please bro you’re projecting for literally no reason

2 minutes ago, joshua said:

you’ve missed my entire point completely bro. i dunno how you’ve done so badly at reading. never did i say my problem with public humiliation was solely now with PD ajails. i’ve had a problem with it forever, which is why i was one of the people that first advocated for ban appeals to go private. use your brain please bro you’re projecting for literally no reason

5 minutes ago, Ted said:

It is not a new issue that people feel that their ajails, or warnings, have been excessive, or inaccurate. If you believe this, you can appeal it via a staff report, like many people have done, including myself. 

• Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Lop said:

Would I get in trouble for my roommate joining GTAW; naturally on the same IP?

Do we have to apply for a whitelist or something to have a second UCP account on the same IP? They haven't registered yet, just asking before we do it.

No, but if they get server banned it might be a little bit complicated. But, as long as you play on two separate accounts you're good.

Why is it that there is no set time limits on punishments? Also curious why admins can use their own discretion when handling someones ban appeal? It seems a bit unfair how an admin can just feel a certain way about someone, and continuously extend their ban because they don’t “feel” they should be let back into the community. Like why isn’t there a set list of punishments when it comes to the rules? 

• Upvote 5