Server Rules: Questions and Answers

12 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

That just makes no sense. You're forcing powergaming to make a vehicle who has a specific part, to not have it. Very questionable.

This isn't a place to have conversations, it is a place to answer questions and respond to questions related to the rules. If you're still unsure after an administrator answered a question, feel free to ask another admin.

Edited by tomatoz
16 minutes ago, Nikki said:

What if a player deletes his/her UCP account and makes a new one with a different email?

Will that be considered a breach of Rule 6, even though he/she still has 1 UCP account?

At what point during this example does the user have more than one UCP account?

28 minutes ago, Nikki said:

What if a player deletes his/her UCP account and makes a new one with a different email?

Will that be considered a breach of Rule 6, even though he/she still has 1 UCP account?

Delete is delete. That being said, it's not a breach. If you delete your UCP account, and make a new one, it's not a breach. But, consider that, if you're deleting it to cover your admin record, is still against the rules.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The common courtesy rule currently states that failing to role-play a car crash (unless it clearly was desync) puts all involved players in violation of it. There's the conception that during shootouts or police pursuits, gameplay develops fast so people don't have to role-play specifics for which there are in game physics for: for example, if you're pursued, you can try and car jack without role-play since it's a heat of the moment kind of thing.

It's been common practice of police in recent months to run over active shooters. Subsequently, there's a pattern of cops being cracked down on for either doing this, or for not role-playing it properly. Whilst it's understandable that these are case-by-case basis that tie in with role-play quality expectations from legal factions, a blanket scenario for running over during shootouts needs to be expanded on.

This begs the question for some clarification on the rule. We need some input on whether everyone is required to role-play a car crash (especially a deliberate one such as running over someone during a shootout) or if they can let it be given how the game works, and only after role-play injuries and damages.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Zach.. said:

I would also like to know the rules regarding this.

I have run people over at considerable speeds, and I have watched admins do it aswell. I am not sure what the rule is and would like to be informed.

It seems that this has suddenly become a "admin discretion" thing which has just pushed ambiguity that amounts to the ever-growing frustration when it comes to consistency in the community. Recently there's been a trend of LSPD/LSSD getting punished for VDM but with no indication that this is no longer acceptable.

Ramming a suspect firing a weapon is a legitimate tool that officers can utilize to neutralize a suspect - and LSPD has used it multiple times, as far as I'm aware, with zero consequences. Here's an officer that got a MEDAL for doing exactly what these officers have done lately that are now being subjected to humiliating ajails (which as a punishment seems dated for certain scenarios that could sometimes be cleared up by having a discussion with the person in question and a 'hey you can't do that' rather than subjecting them to some public humiliation for an incident that they've never been punished for previously - sitting in an ajail for 30 minutes when they have a typically clean record/played on GTA:W for an extended amount of time doesn't achieve/help any situation. It just seems like the easiest, quickest and laziest action to take instead of just having a five minute conversation to clear up what the person did wrong and how to avoid it in future.) and faction removals:
Officer NAME used his patrol vehicle to neutralize one of the gunmen before taking cover behind his patrol vehicle and opening fire on a second subject. Officer NAME, using his skills taught in training, kept cool in this hightly stressful situation and was personally vital in ensuring that none of his colleagues or bystanders were in any further danger of getting hurt.

Some actual clarification of PD/SD (even civilians in situations where its gun vs vehicle) being able to ram a person that's in an active shooting would be really nice rather than just suddenly changing things and punishing people for something that has always been considered (and awarded) a thing. 

I don't think it's fair that these people have been punished when there's been no attempt at actually saying, "Hey, you can't do that anymore, we changed our stance on it." or if it IS an "admin discretion" incident, then surely there needs to be consistency in that ruling rather than allowing multiple opinions on the subject. If I was being shot at in my vehicle, I'm not going to sit there and type /me rams guy, I'm going to floor it in hopes of neutralizing the target, much like what would actually happen IRL - whether I'm a legal/illegal character. Makes no sense.

This definitely needs to be addressed as soon as possible, IMO.

And just to add on, if this happens and it was an incorrect decision? Stop punishing PD/SD for doing it - let it play out ICly with IA investigations, court cases and stuff. You're ruining more RP by interjecting on silly things like this.

Admin discretion needs to go IMO. There needs to be a clear handbook for what punishment fits what crime.

Edited by lux
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 2

the points above are stellar, and i also want an answer on this ruling as honestly it just seems that opinion is so split within the team that some people are getting awards for this, others are getting ajailed. furthermore, when admins are really trying to claim that the action of a cop using his vehicle to neutralise an active deadly threat i UNREALISTIC? that’s really where i lose my hope even further. all it takes it a 7 second google search to see that it is actually highly realistic and occurs a lot more than you might think.

and while we’re at it, what’s with the blatant public humiliation and exaggeration on ajail reasons? it feels like admins are playing to a power trip with the way they write out ajail reasons which are so unbelievably excessive that it just feels like they’re barely actually posting the true reason and moreso just trying to get a reaction out of people by jailing someone that’s known in exchange for the ‘ooo my god what happened!?’,

start enforcing rules like a team and not like individuals.

Edited by joshua
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic