Strength Script

Sixth

Just now, Sixth said:

If I put in an hour at the gym to get strong every day, why shouldnt I have a strength advantage over someone who doesn't? 

Because it completely throws off what other people are roleplaying as. Why should you get an advantage over someone that can't spend that time using a script?

Just now, Jura said:

Because it completely throws off what other people are roleplaying as. Why should you get an advantage over someone that can't spend that time using a script?

Same thing as IRL, if you dont dedicate time to your body, you wont be strong. We are talking about a short amount of IRL time to role play lifting weights.

Just now, Sixth said:

Same thing as IRL, if you dont dedicate time to your body, you wont be strong. We are talking about a short amount of IRL time to role play lifting weights.

Who's to say my character wouldn't do that daily? Characters still exist even when you are not online. Assuming that they do absolutely nothing is silly at best.

3 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

Who's to say my character wouldn't do that daily? Characters still exist even when you are not online. Assuming that they do absolutely nothing is silly at best.

Scripts are there to enhance our game play experience. Why would anyone role-play working out when I can just put in my description that I'm a buff guy in my 20s that looks hella scary.

I believe in character development, I believe that you should put forth time and effort into your character to make him/her into the person you think they should be.

If my character wants to make money to pay his bills/go out/ survive, he has to find a job. I work as a trucker right now and there's a script that allows me to do that and to make money. I can't role-play him working offline and making money and expect it to be there the next time I log in.

So why should (let's face it 95%) of the server be able to role-play as buff people who are strong. If I role-play in a gym for X___ amount of time on a daily basis because that's who my character is, I should be rewarded. I'm suggesting a SMALL increase of strength.

If you're in a shoot out, do you role-play the gun? No, you role-play taking it out and you actually get to shoot it. Just like when a fight is started, no one is role-playing it. There's a small % of times that a fight is role-played out, let's be honest. So why should we not make a feature where someone can be rewarded for putting in the IC time to become stronger.

Edited by Sixth

Tbh if you get your ass kicked by some preteen or a 5ft-nothing female character that's just poor portrayal on their end. Most people don't bother reading /attributes before they pick a fight, so they just assume everyone's on equal terms physically when most of the times that's hardly the case. Gonna be a no-no from me, because this just promotes both another form of RPG grind for people who can't be bothered to RP AND senseless fight DM/mouse click spam.

Edited by Gryphboi
3 hours ago, Sixth said:

If I put in an hour at the gym to get strong every day, why shouldnt I have a strength advantage over someone who doesn't? 

This is again something that you can keep track of through role play. Keep screen shots so that when situations arise, you can justify the reasoning behind your character being naturally stronger. A script isn't needed. This isn't an RPG where you work for stats. Going to be a no from me. 

3 hours ago, Sixth said:

Scripts are there to enhance our game play experience. Why would anyone role-play working out when I can just put in my description that I'm a buff guy in my 20s that looks hella scary.

I believe in character development, I believe that you should put forth time and effort into your character to make him/her into the person you think they should be.

If my character wants to make money to pay his bills/go out/ survive, he has to find a job. I work as a trucker right now and there's a script that allows me to do that and to make money. I can't role-play him working offline and making money and expect it to be there the next time I log in.

So why should (let's face it 95%) of the server be able to role-play as buff people who are strong. If I role-play in a gym for X___ amount of time on a daily basis because that's who my character is, I should be rewarded. I'm suggesting a SMALL increase of strength.

If you're in a shoot out, do you role-play the gun? No, you role-play taking it out and you actually get to shoot it. Just like when a fight is started, no one is role-playing it. There's a small % of times that a fight is role-played out, let's be honest. So why should we not make a feature where someone can be rewarded for putting in the IC time to become stronger.

Some players roleplay coming from another city, country so they have every right to roleplay what they want within reason, and have a background.

• mj2002 locked this topic