Strength Script

Sixth

Short description: /startshift at a gym to put time in towards gaining points in a strength stat

Detailed description: Make gyms more useful by having an actual strength stat system. Yes, I know it feels RPG, but noone actually RPs fights out anyway. Why not make it so there's an actual way to be stronger and win fights. You would /startshift at a gym and you would have to role-play lifting, or practicing boxing, etc. You don't immediately gain strength based off one time, you would have to consistently put in time at the gym to gain just a SMALL amount of strength. We could go even further and adjust the strength stat based on people's ages as well.

Commands to add: Already have /startshift, and the strength stat would show up in /stats. Nothing else to add beside a damage multiplier.

Items to add: I have been to a gym yet, so if there aren't any weight lifting/boxing equipment, we'd have to add that.

How would your suggestion improve the server? A 14 year old wouldn't be able to be up a 25 year old because their strength stats would differ.

Additional information:

Edited by Sixth
  • Upvote 1
  • Anselmi locked and unlocked this topic

I'm usually against RPG elements in a roleplay environment and this isn't an exception.

The repercussions of this script in fights would be disastrous. The way I see it, whoever has more strength is easily going to win them which isn't always the case. I could lift everyday but still be pretty bad at fighting. Both skills aren't correlated. A super thin dude with years of boxing or martial arts experience would beat the crap out of a buffed dude with near to no experience in those two sports in no time. This script would would eliminate that nuance and many more and generalize the fighting meta to scripted strength which is far from realistic.

Additionally, this offers a huge disadvantage to players who aren't able to play every single day for multiple hours in comparison to those who do. This unethically rewards active players by giving them more time to train and consequently gain more strength. Limit the /startshift time at the gym to like 3 hours like it already does for businesses? The issue persists, it wouldn't be balanced and I doubt any player with limited real life time to play the game would log in game, train for 3 hours and then log off. 

Edited by Shaderz
  • Upvote 2

No no and God no. I do not script fight as is, this would almost make it a requirement because a bunch of play to win players decided to sit at a gym for six hours so they'll complain that you refuse to script fight with them. On that note, I'm not sure which world you're involved in but almost everyone I know does not script fight because of how awful it is and just how little sense it makes. 

If you have an issue with a 14 year old beating a grown ass man, stop script fighting, it sucks and it's useless. 

Edited by Torlo

I'm going to say no to this. 

It will just lead people to grinding out at the gym to get "super strong" and then near enough one tap people with a fist, ruling out other players physique, all because the other person has been able to no life at the script in game.

Also to add onto this, the sync is fucking terrible during fist fights. Fix that first then MAYBE this can be looked into again, and something put in place so people don't no life this shit into the ground.

Edited by Jura

Absolutely not, I would rather see a heavier focus on fighting through /me's than a system that encourages the senseless clicking of the left mouse button and the person that had more time in their life free to spend doing repetitive actions at an in game gym winning.

• Upvote 2

A massive no from me. I don't want to experience scenes where my character (for example a 6'1 ex-convict as previously mentioned) with a malee weapon on me would get beat up by someone who would realistically be way weaker than my character just because they've grinded the strength script. It adds and unnecessary RPG element to the game, which should just be roleplayed. 

10 minutes ago, nateX said:

A massive no from me. I don't want to experience scenes where my character (for example a 6'1 ex-convict as previously mentioned) with a malee weapon on me would get beat up by someone who would realistically be way weaker than my character just because they've grinded the strength script. It adds and unnecessary RPG element to the game, which should just be roleplayed. 

Wouldnt there already be a weapon modifier for melee anyway? 

42 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Absolutely not, I would rather see a heavier focus on fighting through /me's than a system that encourages the senseless clicking of the left mouse button and the person that had more time in their life free to spend doing repetitive actions at an in game gym winning.

Yup. /thread tbh.

• mj2002 locked this topic