[FACEBROWSER] Remove purchasable verification

Fergie

I would say allow everyone that's paid for verified to keep it, remove it from the packages and then do it on a case-by-case basis. Naturally the no-name verified people who shouldn't have it in the first place will fade away as they leave the server, NC, or whatever. It's fair on the people that have already paid for it, and allows for those who deserve the verified checkmark to get it.

13 minutes ago, Darling said:

Maybe rather then paynig for the verified feature with out of character money, In character money should be used for it.  Because it's an Ic feature to boost your character's social status. 

And how is that suppose to pay for the upkeep of the website, server and future development? 

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

And how is that suppose to pay for the upkeep of the website, server and future development? 

Simple it doesn't. Remove the perk and allow it to be a case by case basis.

Increase the amount of posts people can boost.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

The amount of money made off of the server already, should pay for the upkeep of the website, server and future development. Facebrowser is an IC feature for the game, if you want verified, you should get it if it's deemed valid for your character, or if you pay for it with IC funds. 

1 hour ago, Darling said:

Maybe rather then paynig for the verified feature with out of character money, In character money should be used for it.  Because it's an Ic feature to boost your character's social status. 

in the context of the suggestion, this will just make MORE people get it, just a fyi

50 minutes ago, Jura said:

Simple it doesn't. Remove the perk and allow it to be a case by case basis.

Increase the amount of posts people can boost.

I think that defeats the entire model they’ve created and removes the incentive. 

33 minutes ago, Darling said:

The amount of money made off of the server already, should pay for the upkeep of the website, server and future development. Facebrowser is an IC feature for the game, if you want verified, you should get it if it's deemed valid for your character, or if you pay for it with IC funds. 

Considering that the FB server costs €1200 and FB itself only generates around €200, I don’t see where your math makes sense. Sure, you can pay for features with IC money but you won’t be having any features to spend money on. The model they’ve created serves it’s intended purpose, which is as far as I understand to generate income to make services self sufficient. Changing systems without replacing anything destroyed revenue, your suggestion removes income. 

• Upvote 1