[FACEBROWSER] Remove purchasable verification

Fergie

9 hours ago, DjoleK said:

No. If you want it, donate and support the server with your $. That is literally not even a important feature, especially seeing as probably 50% of players don't even use facebrowser.

Nowadays you could see a lot of no-sense profiles with the certification. This thing should be something reserved for vips. An example of instagram verification:

Instagram verification means establishing your Instagram account as the “authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, or global brand.” An Instagram verified account gets a verified badge. It’s a blue seal with a little checkmark that appears next to your username. You can apply for Instagram verification with either a personal account or a business account.

The blue check helps people avoid imposter accounts and easily find the brands or public figures they want to follow. It appears in search as well as on your profile and in embedded posts. This helps people make sure they find the real accounts for the people and brands they’re searching for.

For instance, it can help you tell at a glance the difference between a celebrity account and a fan account for that celebrity. For brands, it can help avoid knock-offs stealing your thunder, and your followers.

Beyond that, though, it’s a bit of a status symbol. After all, according to Instagram itself, the verification badge is evidence that you’re “notable.”

^ this works for all the webistes we have in real life. Currently this feature on facebrowser is useless because a lot of verificated profiles are useless, just normal people with their enb or dAnCeRs. I could accept leblanc verified, prestige verified, but not john doe who is.... a civilian??????
Facebrowser's staff should ideate a new strategy to earn and keep their platform online, reviewing bonus and benefits for donators.

I’m conflicted on this too because on one hand, it draws people to donate and feel important, supporting the longevity of the site. On the other hand, it draws people to donate and feel important, diminishing any aspect of fame.

The check mark or verification mark is something that has always been a question to me. I don't even know how people can ''justify'' it in-character. You can not say that you bought it since you use IRL money but people can also not claim that they earned it; no one cares about your police officer, firefighter, kardashian wannabe, club owner, random street junk status. The only people I look up to are people of importance; political figures, government leaders, etc. 

It's cringe and has to go.

Totally agree with this. Like it was already mentioned many times above. It is overused and it should be only given to specific people.
I would also like to see an option to actually pay in game money to be able to promote your post which was also already mentioned. But I am afraid it could become overused too, just because of the fact that the in game money would be spent on it. Maybe the promoted posts should be limited only to advertisements to avoid the possibility of everyone promoting their posts just to be visible. Which I believe that's exactly what would happen because the in game money is the currency in this scenario. 

Edited by Mastry