[FACEBROWSER] Remove purchasable verification

Fergie

Just now, Timzii said:

Give them World Points as compensation?

bfac89cfc7039f300b1e8419ced8cde4.png

Here is the issue: They are paying for the features listed. Of which none have anything to do with WP. If I, a paying customer, paid for it, WP would be a poor compensation. WP can not grant you any of the perks above. I would feel ripped off. Maybe they didn't want to buy WP, and this fit the bill of what they wanted. Furthermore: EU laws.

You can't change it just so easily.

e.g. Wargaming made the E25. It holds unique game mechanics which fit old TDs.

The old mechanics are OP today (retain camo while firing, et al), but the vehicle was a paid one. The players, at the time, paid for the vehicle with its mechanics in place. OP or not, they spent money. They keep the product. WG stopped selling the E25 since and it is a rare, limited lootbox drop now.

tl;dr - Changing it isn't a good idea since it will definitely (reasonably) vex paying customers if the compensation isn't really good for all of them.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Wirbelwind said:

You're still removing a paid feature.

Note how they are not listed as donations.

Give people the option to issue a refund or convert to WP, taking into consideration the amount of time left and how heavily said perks were used.

• Upvote 1

It should have never been a thing in the first place, that's the issue.

It should have been at the very least an application system, with proper background of the character then the admins deem if they're seen as a important person within the world this community has created.

I'd be interested in seeing how many people actually paid that kind of money (Eight euros upwards) for a little blue icon next to their name instead of the ability to boost posts.

If it's not that many, then keep the prices, remove the verification but give more boosts per membership.

The main reason I bought it was to boost and verify a business that my character owned, I never wanted the verification tick, it looks dumb and stupid, my character wasn't anyone important or famous. The only way to get rid of it was to change my handle.

I don't see where there isn't an option to select if you want it to show or not.

Edited by Jura
18 minutes ago, Jura said:

I don't see where there isn't an option to select if you want it to show or not.

Unfortunately that's not a feature that's available in the script they're using. Someone would need to code it in manually.

45 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

You're still removing a paid feature.

Note how they are not listed as donations.

Alright, cool. Let's NOT call them donations and call it a paid feature. That makes it 10 times worse as now we're letting people P2W via OOC methods to try and gain popularity ICly with the verification.

Just now, Fergie said:

Alright, cool. Let's NOT call them donations and call it a paid feature. That makes it 10 times worse as now we're letting people P2W via OOC methods to try and gain popularity ICly with the verification.

Pay to win what exactly? A check mark literally nobody looks at? 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Pay to win what exactly? A check mark literally nobody looks at? 

If no one looked at it, it wouldn't be purchased. It's lost it's meaning because people pay real world money for something that SHOULD be reserved for IC people of interest, not everyday common folk.

Edited by Fergie