Payment for robbing 24/7s

Shekh

There's only one thing I can say about this:

It's a useless suggestion.

People who rob are in it for the character development (i'd hope/assume) and not for the physical money itself.

There are thousands of other ways to make money, not to mention the $5,000 paycheck you get for the first 40 hours of your characters life on GTA:W that could make up for it.

If you have a problem with taking the cash of the cashier who sat there and earned it properly - simply don't physically (/pay) take it! You can roleplay taking cash from the cash register as you insist throughout the description, but I feel that there are much better things that warrant addition to the script before this RPG-ey type system.

I really don't understand this, why if you are robbing the place you didn't get in contact with an administrator for him to see how much money is inside of the businesses bank, for him to decide how much you able to take? Also, pretty sure this will take a lot of scripting since most of the stuff that people buy from the store are role play items and not script-wise items, thus the money is received by the cashier and not the business itself. Meaning that something along the lines of the taxi payment script would have to be created.

16 minutes ago, DomThomson said:

I really don't understand this, why if you are robbing the place you didn't get in contact with an administrator for him to see how much money is inside of the businesses bank, for him to decide how much you able to take? Also, pretty sure this will take a lot of scripting since most of the stuff that people buy from the store are role play items and not script-wise items, thus the money is received by the cashier and not the business itself. Meaning that something along the lines of the taxi payment script would have to be created.

Umm 24/7s are scripted shops, so pretty much people are buying scripted items, player is paid per hour spent roleplaying and plus they have some percentage from the items sold. So there IS always a shop bank, or cash register. Just unaccessible to anyone who isn't an owner of said shop. But then 24/7s are known for being grinded either through robberies or extortion.

Edited by Engelbert

The RP/character development should absolutely be the main reason behind robbing a store, but part of that RP is your character having a desire to obtain money, and being willing to risk their life in order to get it. So I don’t understand the argument that it shouldn’t be about money, when realistically, that’s exactly the reason someone would rob a store. The distinction here being that it’s an IC desire based on desperation, not an OOC desire because it’s fun and something to do. 

On 7/23/2020 at 6:37 AM, mattmocz said:

This kind of existed with a command when the server first opened and was removed for a reason. It didn’t go well. Everyone would rob every store around the map as soon as the timer was over. Those of you around at launch probably remember this. Just go in and Roleplay a robbery and maybe get admin permission beforehand so you can possibly get more from it. In reality, stores only have so much in their cash drawers so if you only get a few hundred dollars that would be accurate, you can’t expect a giant payoff from robbing a convenience store.

I’ve already seen people say that Admins paid money out of the business bank to these kinds of robberies when the cashier had no money. Obviously it’s their discretion if the robbery is done well or if it’s seemingly just to grind cash. Seems like this is already in place, based on Admin discretion. It’s not an automatic thing when you walk in the door. I do agree that it shouldn’t come from the cashiers bank at all though. With these kinds of robberies, they always go for what’s in the till.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1

These are stores that are charging like $50 for bottles of water. They wouldn't only have a few hundred in the till. I don't see why people who rob stores shouldn't get an acceptable amount of script cash. I mean, in PD, I get paid like $60K a week and never use any of it. The players performing these robberies actually have need for the cash. So they should get more than like $500 the cashier just so happened to be carrying. Maybe then it'd incentivize people to perform more robberies, and possibly move on to bigger targets. We can get low-level career criminals that don't just sit on a street corner all day and fight people who walk by looking at them wrong, because they'd have the money to start buying better equipment and possibly paying henchmen to assist with bigger targets.

Or, even if it just leads to more robberies of LTDs it'd give me something to roleplay besides scraping up another beaten up corpse from Grove Street or Forum Drive. 

• Upvote 2

Also this would NOT lead to more robberies, it's literally exactly the same system we already have for player-owned businesses and requires 0 script changes, just let admins pay out from biz bank for 24/7s, they already do this for other businesses, so everyone falsely predicting that people will begin chain robberies is wrong since nobody chain robs regular business (and admins have to accept each robbery anyways so how would you "grind" this system when its locked behind admin permissions, in which you need an in depth reason to rob?) . And why does everyone think im suggesting a script wise robbery job lol wtf. I doubt any of you have ever robbed a business before, the admins literally do a background check and require you to give extensive reasoning for it, there's literally 0 chance of this being abused since admins are pretty strict about how they handle accepting biz robbery perms. 

If you are about to type a response, read the previous replies, or at the bare minimum read the suggestion itself.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic