Change Vehicle Performance Modification to Higher RP

Joker

19 minutes ago, Jura said:

That's the thing though, that would require you to sell the car to a mechanic, that person would then need to be online for any other mechanic to work on it just so they can spawn it.

And as others have said, people have the money, so they spend it on the best stuff they can buy. You would need the entire community to come on board with this and then have admins enforce it that you can't just buy top tier stuff as and when you want.

The teleport system into garages is also far too busy for this.

Just now, Chief said:

As I said before, this is a major no. Your suggestion simply won't work on a server that has been operating this way since day 1. Enforce higher RP standards? Certainly. 

This is kind of the idea though. The suggestion is in the spirit of heavier rp. Same way interior designing is working right now. Make the final level of upgrades much much harder to get and much more unique. I'm well aware this will not get the entire community on board, or even a majority. It will have to be an executive decision by management in the interest of enhancing the quality of roleplay on the server, at least for this aspect of it. Maybe the server is ready for this step forward, maybe it isn't. Can't take any steps anywhere however without making the attempt.

I don't see why this change would be an issue for anyone. It's an rpg statistic to have engine 4 vs 3 and be barely faster.

Just now, Joker said:

This is kind of the idea though. The suggestion is in the spirit of heavier rp. Same way interior designing is working right now. Make the final level of upgrades much much harder to get and much more unique. I'm well aware this will not get the entire community on board, or even a majority. It will have to be an executive decision by management in the interest of enhancing the quality of roleplay on the server, at least for this aspect of it. Maybe the server is ready for this step forward, maybe it isn't. Can't take any steps anywhere however without making the attempt.

I don't see why this change would be an issue for anyone. It's an rpg statistic to have engine 4 vs 3 and be barely faster.

Edited my post from before:

3 minutes ago, Chief said:

Plus, forcing heavy mechanic RP on people is also a big no from me. Essentially that's what you're suggesting. Not everyone wants to wait a realistic 1-2 weeks for their car to be modified. This isn't a 1:1 real life server. Right now, people have that choice to visit a garage that engages in that kind of RP. This would essentially force them to be a part of it and that just won't work.

There is already a garage that offers the leave over the week service for mechanic RP. I'm not sure if they only offer restoration, but I know they include certain vehicle manufacturers in their advert on the forum.

It doesn't need to be locked behind a script as well.

10 minutes ago, Chief said:

Edited my post from before:

I mean I'm not exactly saying 1-2 weeks. Simply not 10 to 20 minutes, but long enough that they can't just sit around and wait there for it. Forcing people that want to do heavy mechanic RP, isn't really forcing.

I'm getting a lot of the same over exaggerating extremes in opposition of this suggestion. While I respect your right to your opinions, please read the entire suggestion. I understand this suggestion might not be for you, but I would appreciate it if comments are not being made about numbers, time frames and exact specific I have not even mentioned. I'm not making this response to offend anyone, but to simply politely ask to avoid any more back and forward. I think I've clarified the suggestion as much as I can at this point.

Edited by Joker
1 minute ago, Joker said:

I mean I'm not exactly saying 1-2 weeks. Simply not 10 to 20 minutes, but long enough that they can't just sit around and wait there for it. Forcing people that want to do heavy mechanic RP, isn't really forcing.

I'm getting a lot of the same people over exaggerating extremes in opposition of this suggestion. While I respect your right to your opinions, please read the entire suggestion. I understand this suggestion might not be for you, but I would appreciate it if comments are not being made about numbers, time frames and exact specific I have not even mentioned. I'm not making this response to offend anyway, but to simply avoid any more back and forward. I think I've clarified the suggestion as much as I can at this point.

I see zero exaggeration in these replies. What I see is opinions based on valid experiences of people who actually rp as mechanics or garage related personnel. Which, isn't that the point of a suggestion thread? 

I'm all for being positive about change and trying to find reasonable middle ground so here is what I would suggest to make this more doable for the server.

Give garages the option of what they want to offer. If there are garages that want to restrict their rp to heavy rp and have script enforcement for it. They can ask for it. 

If people don't want to rp that level of restriction, they choose not to.

Middle ground.

If you don't take the amount of work making this system into consideration as a factor for or against this.

Just now, TakeTwo said:

I'm all for being positive about change and trying to find reasonable middle ground so here is what I would suggest to make this more doable for the server.

Give garages the option of what they want to offer. If there are garages that want to restrict their rp to heavy rp and have script enforcement for it. They can ask for it. 

If people don't want to rp that level of restriction, they choose not to.

Middle ground.

If you don't take the amount of work making this system into consideration as a factor for or against this.

I'm all for middle grounds. But lets be real, if we make it an option, how many people are actually going to want to restrict themselves? It's human nature not to want that. I'm all for a garage having the opportunity to ascend to whatever heights they want to, but I think people that deserve it should be getting it. That's why there is an application process for other things. Even a small, beat up garage might get said permission if they have the equipment and people dedicated to the higher standard of rp expected. The amount of effort people put into their roleplay should count for something.

57 minutes ago, Joker said:

I'm all for middle grounds. But lets be real, if we make it an option, how many people are actually going to want to restrict themselves? It's human nature not to want that. I'm all for a garage having the opportunity to ascend to whatever heights they want to, but I think people that deserve it should be getting it. That's why there is an application process for other things. Even a small, beat up garage might get said permission if they have the equipment and people dedicated to the higher standard of rp expected. The amount of effort people put into their roleplay should count for something.

Look at what you literally just said though. That's pretty much saying...force people to higher rp standards because SOME people want it. If people aren't choosing to do it..why is it being changed?

And again, if server rp standards aren't being met..report it.

Right, seeing as I am a garage owner.

I will tell you this, they're not easy to get. PM sets the standards to a good level before even giving you ownership, and once you are an owner, you have to keep the standards at a certain level or they will take the garage from you. (I've experienced this as a mechanic at a garage that was removed).

Secondly, I would say 50% of mechanics rush roleplay because in the past people have gave them shit IC/OOC about the time it takes, they want to come in, get their mods and fuck off sharpish. (Yes I have also experienced this MULTIPLE times). So going by that alone, why should my garage be restricted when a majority of the playerbase aren't willing to wait for the RP to be carried out?

Thirdly, there's already a garage that offers the services you want (higher standard RP), why should other garages suffer from changing the script?

Edited by Jura
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Jura said:

Secondly, I would say 50% of mechanics rush roleplay because in the past people have gave them shit IC/OOC about the time it takes, they want to come in, get their mods and fuck off sharpish.

Honestly, I want to say about half my time doing mechanic RP in a 'public' garage was telling people to hold the fuck on when they started complaining that turning their beater into a turbocharged speed machine takes more than ten minutes. The money of owning a garage was nice, but the hassle wasn't worth it. Most people who don't partake in mechanic RP couldn't give a care in the world about it except for how it pertains to them. Not really relevant to the thread or anything, just wanted to agree here.

• mj2002 locked this topic